Home

Staff Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on Staff Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Roundtable) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Staff Madden NFL 19 Impressions (Roundtable)

The other thing about this year’s game that won’t get much discussion here is that this version of MUT is looking to be my favorite version of any of the UT modes EA has done. It is a major improvement over last year’s.

The introduction of Training as a currency for upgrading cards is super welcome. It really forces you to commit to your team. In the early going, getting my core Chiefs players on the cheap, but then leveling them up from 68 OVR to 80+ OVR is actually pretty cool.

The new Solo Battles are also a welcome addition. These are full game against the actual rosters of other Madden players. You can get the fun of online MUT against the CPU, which is fantastic. THis could become the mode I play a ton, when not playing online.

You could skip online altogether and still the feel for what MUT feels like I’ve H2H online, since the wuarter lengths abscond such arecthe same. While shorter quarters is not sim, the strategy and clock management is deep and interesting. The experience is like playing the second half of a tied game, whichplaces the stakes high from the get-go.

And when these improvements come with the really nice improvements in gameplay, it makes for a fantastic experience.
Old 08-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

So they just decided to not talk about the complete lack of a CPU run game? This is why I take no reviewer seriously. Regardless of how reputable the site is

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #11
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Is Matt Welsh?

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #12
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
Different people may have different opinions.
I disagree.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #13
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

It's crazy to think different people experience a game differently. Some people might have found a good balance with the run game and some might still be struggling to find any type of run game for CPU or human.

The craziest thing about this board is how negative people deal in absolutes. Oh I've had a terrible experience with this so everyone else has had a terrible experience. That's not the way anything works.

I've loved what I've played of Madden. Longshot was enjoyable for me. MUT has been a good time for the solo challenges and to make my team better. And the bit of CFM I've played at default has been fun on the field. It's not perfect but I'm happy to be playing football and glad I'm not nitpicking each thing I see that's not perfect.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Old 08-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #14
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley
It's crazy to think different people experience a game differently. Some people might have found a good balance with the run game and some might still be struggling to find any type of run game for CPU or human.

The craziest thing about this board is how negative people deal in absolutes. Oh I've had a terrible experience with this so everyone else has had a terrible experience. That's not the way anything works.

I've loved what I've played of Madden. Longshot was enjoyable for me. MUT has been a good time for the solo challenges and to make my team better. And the bit of CFM I've played at default has been fun on the field. It's not perfect but I'm happy to be playing football and glad I'm not nitpicking each thing I see that's not perfect.

One of the reasons I would love to see people post more videos of their experiences. You and I could describe the exact same play completely differently. And with how easy it is now to upload clips, it really wouldn't be that much of a hassle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2018, 02:16 PM   #15
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cquigley

I agree but there is a difference between opinions and facts. It’s not an opinion that the cpu can’t generate a run game, it’s a fact. I don’t really see how complaining that a major facet of the sport the game is emulating is broken and furthermore has been broken for awhile, is nitpicking.

Super glad you are enjoying the game for what it is and I have been too in a lot of ways but no Cpu run game is a big deal and should be addressed in articles like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2018, 02:27 PM   #16
MVP

cquigley's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I agree but there is a difference between opinions and facts. It’s not an opinion that the cpu can’t generate a run game, it’s a fact. I don’t really see how complaining that a major facet of the sport the game is emulating is broken and furthermore has been broken for awhile, is nitpicking.

Super glad you are enjoying the game for what it is and I have been too in a lot of ways but no Cpu run game is a big deal and should be addressed in articles like this.
Again I haven't had an issue with the run game in CFM. Through two games I have 188 rush yards and I've given up 160 or so. Using the RPM has been awesome for me. And adjusting the sliders a bit helped my d line not shed the second a runner was near them. Lowered block shed some and raised run block and worked out for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »