Home

No playbook improvements

This is a discussion on No playbook improvements within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2018, 05:01 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: No playbook improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwalshwco
I’m talking about removing auto roll outs that have been on madden for years. Rollout smash use to be in iform twins and weak I flex under center. And there were a few in pistol and shotgun formations. The animations were beautiful and now it’s all PA roll outs.

Just understand how we lose plays and formations every year, ea is so disappointing
Playbooks has always been one of Madden’s and NCAA’s biggest assets. Their playbooks were way, way better than 2K’s playbooks. Hate that they don’t put more into the playbooks. Like i said, it really opens the game up in franchise mode after ten years when it’s mostly computer-generated players. Last years generic book were really good. Especially the Spread and West Coast playbooks, but you can’t use Formation Subs with generic or custom rosters. Just this little thing would fix so much.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 1

id like some defensive plays back, cover 3 man in 3-3-5, Cover 1 man with 2 in hook zones, double man coverage etc. there are so few plays with "pseudo line stunts", double a gap blitzs from mlbers with olbs dropping into coverage.
Old 08-08-2018, 07:50 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

They build the playbooks to try and best mimic what those teams are actually running. If it's not being run, it's not in there. Is it perfect? No, however Anthony White s not lazy in terms of building out the playbooks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 08:03 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

so put them in a generic playbook. the plays should put my players in the best position to do what i need them to. if a play doesnt make the best use of my best 11 on the field to maximise their effectiveness then i wont use it and find others that do. as im offline coach mode only what the problem with that? its not as if the plays never existed in a prior madden, although in offline let me have the hc09 play creator and id be happy and i wouldnt be called a griefer
Old 08-08-2018, 09:23 AM   #13
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I haven't checked... But the best playbook days was Madden 25. And that was solely because of the past vs current players and coaches in the game. Tom Flores, John Madden, etc

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-08-2018, 09:33 AM   #14
Pro

For me, I was kind of hoping tat run/pass options would make it in the game. Not expecting, but hoping.

But my thing is for the most part, it doesn't really matter what plays they put in the game... as long as the AI continues with psychic defense, it doesn't matter. I have never in my life seen the AI bite on a play action. If I call some kind of boot, there is almost always a blitz coming at the side the QB is booting to. 9/10 times, if I call a toss or a stretch play, the AI just so happens to be an a wide nine front.

This game will never take it to the next level with those continuing issues.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:04 AM   #15
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
While I understand the desire these formations are basically non-existent in the modern NFL. The prevalence and effectiveness of I-formations and 3 TE sets in Madden already pushes the bounds of realism.

If the stock books reflected actual play calling trends they would be almost all 11 and 12 personnel for most clubs.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...onnel-analysis
So then why is the Wildcat still available? Hardly anyone uses it anymore, it's become almost like a goalline formation of sorts. And even then you rarely see it. So that logic doesnt stand up when you consider other formations that ARE allowed.

What I would like to see is more trick plays and just overall variety. Would love to see double passes, double reverses, reverse passes, the Philly Special, and of course RPOs. I use to love having a WR who could throw like a Randel El and run a reverse pass with him back in the day. Hell bring the flea flicker back. I had great success with that back in 17. I would streak the outside WR, and bomb it, would run it once every other game or so. Cant believe they removed that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 08-08-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ueauvan
id like some defensive plays back, cover 3 man in 3-3-5, Cover 1 man with 2 in hook zones, double man coverage etc. there are so few plays with "pseudo line stunts", double a gap blitzs from mlbers with olbs dropping into coverage.
Stunts are pretty much gone as far as I can tell (did they ever actually work?).

Nickel 2-4-5 has a play with man coverage across the board and both safeties in hook zones, Man Double Buzz. Two hot routes could change it to a 3 man rush with a deep middle safety.

2-4-5 Double A Gap Nickel Dog 3 Buzz gets you a five man rush that sends both MLBs with both OLBs dropping into coverage by default.

Cover 3 Man could easily be created from 2 Man Under with hot routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »