Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 12-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #89
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

Gosh, there are just so many things I want in Madden to the point I've realized we are probably a decade or more away from getting a competent game. Here is my list...

1. Realistic injuries: Madden has always had this issue where they have set dates where a player is out for weeks and incapable of starting and then suddenly they are 100% - they have SLIGHTLY improved upon this recently with the "rush player back" feature - but this feature lasts 1-2 weeks, at most, before the player is 100%. Injuries often linger with players and lowers their impact on the field - example: Cam Newton is dealing with an injury this season and it's impacting his performance since mid-season.

2. Player ratings: I HATE HATE HATE player ratings. This isn't even just with Madden, it's across the board with sports games. I think it completely destroys immersion of being a coach/GM. Why do I need to see the EXACT player speed? Just give me the combine 40 time alone, I don't need anything else, let me be fooled into thinking his combine speed matches his game speed. Why do I need to see player traits? If it's a QB and he's "clutch", just show me the amount of 4th quarter comebacks he has.

The the player grading should come directly from scouts and differ between them - not the watered down way that EA does it - I believe Front Office Football has something similar to this type of system and you can get burned often with your picks. EA can learn from it.

Sports aren't as predictable as video games make them - the entire point that makes sports interesting, especially the NFL, is the parody/unpredictability of it all.

3. CPU playcalling: The CPU using 20% of their playbook is already dumb and lazy on the part of EA, it's worse yet when the AI doesn't adjust to how the game is going. If the RB is averaging 2 yards per carry, the CPU should adjust and use another RB or abandon the running game completely. See now with EA, they would do this across the board - that's not what I would want. Say someone like the 2014 or 2016 Cowboys, they had confidence in their run game because the O-Line was strong and the RB was great - so despite being down on the scoreboard, they understood getting back into the game, they could still use their running game.

The CPU needs to play to their strengths, or better yet, sometimes they should make poor decisions and throw or run too much - you know, like coordinators do in actual football

3. Dynamic weather: Yeah EA, sometimes it rains during a game....and sometimes that rain stops during the game. Sometimes it snows really hard, sometimes there is only flurries. Crazy how weather patterns work....

4. Fix the freakin' AI: Enough is enough! The QB AI has been unacceptable since Madden 17. I shouldn't need to go back two generations for get competent QB play. Pocket awareness is non-existent in these games - the CPU decision making is also poor of when to throw and when to run. I was playing some PS2 Madden and NCAA and the pocket awareness for those games is incredible - they move left and right while keeping their eyes down the field and even make defensive lineman and linebackers look like fools at times.

There is also a serious problem with running backs in the past few games, especially 2019. It seems like they are LOOKING to get tackled - I'm guessing this has to do with the scripts, it seems like when they are triggered, the animation starts before the contact is even made.

5. Suspensions: This one for me isn't as serious because I have a feeling the NFL is holding EA back on this in terms of NFL representation. Either way, it would be nice to add this to the game - a troubled star player you have to determine when it's time to move on or give them another chance.

That's just a few things I'd immediately fix/add into the game. I don't think we'll get a single one of these though.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:03 PM   #90
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

I think one of the biggest things I want is an Expansion/Creation overhaul. NBA 2k is amazing at this, so is EA NHL. Great creators and sharing platforms. I love what I can do with 2k for basketball with created teams, uniform changes and more.
Old 12-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #91
Rookie

CyberSG's Arena

Here are mine.

1. Make a full my career type of thing. Longshot was okay, but custom players in longshot would be good enough for me.

2. Pass blocking ai. every single time I make my rb block, he runs right past the guy I want him to block. The block shed also needs to be fixed.

3. More ways to get xp. I like the new upgrading system, but new ways to get xp would be nice. An idea I have is offseason workouts.

4. Historic logos. I'd like to bring the bengals 1997 logo onto a white helmet and make it the primary logo. Also wish a teambuilder/create a team would come back. #saveteambuilder!!!

5. Diving catch Diving catch Diving catch Diving catch Diving catch (pls dont ban me for spam)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #92
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethMurphy
I think one of the biggest things I want is an Expansion/Creation overhaul. NBA 2k is amazing at this, so is EA NHL. Great creators and sharing platforms. I love what I can do with 2k for basketball with created teams, uniform changes and more.

This has been on my list of top wants in franchise mode for years, unfortunately I believe it is actually the NFL holding EA back on this one. I love NBA 2k's expansion team feature, I always start a my league in that game and after a couple of seasons add an expansion team after each of the following seasons until I get to the max number allowed.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #93
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Some good ideas in here for which im sure we will never see but a few id like to address:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010
Gosh, there are just so many things I want in Madden to the point I've realized we are probably a decade or more away from getting a competent game. Here is my list...

2. Player ratings: I HATE HATE HATE player ratings. This isn't even just with Madden, it's across the board with sports games. I think it completely destroys immersion of being a coach/GM. Why do I need to see the EXACT player speed? Just give me the combine 40 time alone, I don't need anything else, let me be fooled into thinking his combine speed matches his game speed. Why do I need to see player traits? If it's a QB and he's "clutch", just show me the amount of 4th quarter comebacks he has.

Dont agree with this at all. What is having a combine 40 gonna do for us? Nothing imo. And they do give you a combine 40 time at the end of scouting but that just gives you an idea of what the rating will be. I mean i just dont understand your reason. You dont want an exact speed rating but want an exact 40 time?

I dont see anything wrong at all with the speed rating they use now. If you cant figure out what the numbers mean for speed by now, then i dont know what to tell ya.

Also dont get your reason for a QB being clutch. If he is clutch it means he has a penchant for making a big play when needed and for makng a comebacks. Who cares how many comebacks he has? Why do we need to put a number on it? There is more to being clutch than just a comeback. Especially for other players.

To others that have mentioned OTAs and offseason workouts, IMO its a waste of space that can be used for other things in the game like OCs and DCs being signed, a much more expanded scouting system, better celebrations for winning a SB, making relocation right as it is really flawed, Commentating being better, etc...
I would never use OTAs and offseason workouts and a barely use preseason games. That stuff just takes too long to get thru.

Who has time to play video games all day long?

Last edited by Rayzaa; 12-27-2018 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #94
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Some good ideas in here for which im sure we will never see but a few id like to address:

Dont agree with this at all. What is having a combine 40 gonna do for us? Nothing imo. And they do give you a combine 40 time at the end of scouting but that just gives you an idea of what the rating will be. I mean i just dont understand your reason. You dont want an exact speed rating but want an exact 40 time?

I dont see anything wrong at all with the speed rating they use now. If you cant figure out what the numbers mean for speed by now, then i dont know what to tell ya.

Also dont get your reason for a QB being clutch. If he is clutch it means he has a penchant for making a big play when needed and for makng a comebacks. Who cares how many comebacks he has? Why do we need to put a number on it? There is more to being clutch than just a comeback. Especially for other players.

To others that have mentioned OTAs and offseason workouts, IMO its a waste of space that can be used for other things in the game like OCs and DCs being signed, a much more expanded scouting system, better celebrations for winning a SB, making relocation right as it is really flawed, Commentating being better, etc...
I would never use OTAs and offseason workouts and a barely use preseason games. That stuff just takes too long to get thru.

Who has time to play video games all day long?
...I mentioned specifically in my comment what a 40 time would do. It wouldn't just be 40 time, it's the simple fact that a combine isn't an exact science of how a player would turn out. A 40 time is not game speed, it can at times be accurate, but it's not 100% representative of what you get from a player on the field.

WITH player ratings, you know EXACTLY what that player is on the field - you know everything by looking at that player how fast he is. I'm not even just talking about 40 time, give me down the field numbers - you know, actual next-gen type stats, which are widely available.

You not being able to "see" what is wrong with 100% accurate player ratings with every single player you scout once they in the league in SIMULATION FOOTBALL is why these games don't progress.

Treating a football game like an RPG is not that way to go and removes the competitive nature of building a good football team. It shouldn't be as easy as it is.

Go play something like Front Office Football with some house rules and then come back and tell me what EA does with player ratings is acceptable.

Nothing I said about the QB traits is difficult to understand

Again, this is all about needing to ACTUALLY evaluate players and actually getting burned in the process - just because a stat shows he has some 4th quarter comebacks in his career may be a misleading statistic

Go to NFL QBs and their raw numbers when it comes to 4th quarter comebacks and see how tops the list - many of these QBs are known to fold in tough situations and in big games....yet they lead in that very stat.

The issue with Madden is that once you draft them, after some truly bare bones changes throughout the career, you know if they are going to be trigger happy, if they are clutch (despite not playing a game in the NFL), how much they will scramble, etc. This goes for any other player at any position in this game. If you sign a player that has a 91-99 rating - you know the exact production you'll get from them, they will be the best player in the league with no chance of a down year or you getting burned. This makes building a dynasty far too easy, which is not representative of the NFL.

I already stated a way to go about keeping "player ratings" if it's so essential for sports video games - have it where every individual team rates players differently - Madden has this somewhat based on "Scheme", but this is too bare bones and I have ye to see a player put into a scheme they supposedly don't fit have any real negative impact to them outside of the slight rating downgrade they get.

If I want arcade football, Madden already has plenty of options for this. I want to simulate the league as accurate as possible - maybe the average gamer wants to build a dynasty and dominate in offline mode constantly, but then we need to stop labeling it simulation football - because that ain't it.

Last edited by mattjames2010; 12-27-2018 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #95
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Never heard of Front Office Football. And i never play games on a PC so thats probably why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 03:41 PM   #96
Pro

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

I always say look to FIFA if you want to see what's coming next in Madden. It happened with Frostbite, a cinematic mode, and RPM. So here's my preview for next year, at least presentation/franchise wise.

1. Dynamic Gameplanning/Playcalling: The CPU AI will adjust on the fly to what is being thrown at them so you can no longer run the same play 7 times in a row and slice the CPU. (Similar to FIFA dynamic tactics)

2. New Playoff/Primetime Presentation: Feel an enhanced atmosphere with a new digital presentation package exclusive to primetime, playoff, and Super Bowl games (similar to FIFA adding the Champions League).

Unfortunately, anything past this I have no idea.

Some guesses:

3. New free agency negotiation system/contract options.

4. New setup to the news feed. Or primitive weekly wrap up show with Coachman.

5. Maybe new relocation/uniform customization options. (Doubt Goodell lets this happen).

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »