Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 12-31-2018, 12:04 AM   #105
Pro

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Yes but NBA 2k only has 12 players per team. Football has 53 plus practice squad and a ton of free agents to create. That there is a lot of data.
I've never played an NBA game because I'm not much of a Basketball fan so is there also MUT mode and practice mode and everything else that is in Madden?
Also the playbooks, etc. I just think there has to be a lot more to code for Madden than the NBA game but not sure.
We have no idea really how much space is left on the disc when it is done but why would they take some things off to add something else if there was plenty of room?
For the best experience I'd think using two discs loaded with everything we have asked for would do it.
Once they get rid of Longshot which I think may happen next year, they have some disk space for higher fidelity attention to detail things to throw into another mode

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 11:38 AM   #106
To me, my X-men.

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
Once they get rid of Longshot which I think may happen next year, they have some disk space for higher fidelity attention to detail things to throw into another mode

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I don't know for sure of course, but I don't think that disk space is a problem even with Longshot. My hope is just that all of the resources that have been used on Longshot for the last few years now is given back to Franchise mode.

My worry though is that upper management will instead insist on some other new Microtransactions centered mode that ends up being a waste of time.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:00 PM   #107
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't know for sure of course, but I don't think that disk space is a problem even with Longshot. My hope is just that all of the resources that have been used on Longshot for the last few years now is given back to Franchise mode.

My worry though is that upper management will instead insist on some other new Microtransactions centered mode that ends up being a waste of time.
You don't think that is the problem and I think it could be.
Point is neither of us know for sure but i find it odd that they take away something we all liked to add something else. They shouldn't have to do that. Scouting needs to be a lot more involved as well.
I mean geez, they can't even add a fix for relocation after two years of it calling some teams the wrong city.
I don't know, something has to give. It is a fun game but it could be overall so much better
Old 12-31-2018, 03:27 PM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmemole
I hope, that they dont. The OVR gives you an idea of how good a player is, that helped me a lot, when I was new to Madden and Football in general and didnt know what most attributes meant.

I mainly hope for better team building features. Free Agents shouldnt just look for money, but location, role, winning chances and all. The CPU draft logic needs huge improvement, so does player development and regression. Veterans should be more valuable, give them bonuses, which affect younger player's development for example. Also Id like a system that gives players boosts or the opposite depending on their performances. Like a weekly adjustment, that players with lower ratings playing surprisingly well get a bonus or veterans underperforming get a malus.
The "overall" completely kills any kind of scouting and development of players. It's a ridiculous thing to have in any sports simulation game.

Leave that crap in MUT or online - it doesn't need to be in offline career mode.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:47 PM   #109
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

OVR won't go anywhere because it's a great marketing tool for EA.

NFL players yack it up when the OVR's are announced before the game arrives on the market.

Interesting to note, I haven't heard the word simulation out of EA since Rex left 8 months ago.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Old 12-31-2018, 05:09 PM   #110
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Bring back NCAA Football '20. Since thats not possible, please use the recruiting system from the last NCAA game and use it to build the scouting system for the next Madden. Completely update the franchise presentation.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-31-2018, 06:04 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010
The "overall" completely kills any kind of scouting and development of players. It's a ridiculous thing to have in any sports simulation game.

Leave that crap in MUT or online - it doesn't need to be in offline career mode.
OVR is bad, but that's because it's a vauge composite of ability that ignores age, archetype, and how easily a player's deficiencies can be remedied. Bad ZCV can be fixed by a season or so of intensive development. Low SPD cannot.

Every draft has loads of high OVR DBs who lack the athleticism to play. I just put my SP franchise down in year 3. My WR corps is still 4 deep with 90+ SPD, but almost every team has one or more DBs at 86 or slower. It's just bombs away every game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #112
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmemole
I hope, that they dont. The OVR gives you an idea of how good a player is, that helped me a lot, when I was new to Madden and Football in general and didnt know what most attributes meant.
I cannot agree with this. You can assess a player by looking at their attributes.

The best example of this working (without OVR) are the football (soccer) management games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjames2010

Completely agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
OVR won't go anywhere because it's a great marketing tool for EA.

NFL players yack it up when the OVR's are announced before the game arrives on the market.

Interesting to note, I haven't heard the word simulation out of EA since Rex left 8 months ago.
Yup. Madden isnít made for nuance. Itís made for headlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
OVR is bad, but that's because it's a vauge composite of ability that ignores age, archetype, and how easily a player's deficiencies can be remedied. Bad ZCV can be fixed by a season or so of intensive development. Low SPD cannot.
Well said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »