Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2019, 09:15 PM   #121
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

Late to the party, but my list includes...
  1. Offensive and Defensive Coordinators. Placing an increased emphasis on coaching is welcomed with open arms!
  2. Real gameplanning. I like what we have now, but it's far too generic. Why couldn't we choose some sort of realistic opponent-based matchup gameplanning?
  3. An explanation of what sliders really do. This is more a background request, but I think it still counts.
  4. Vastly improved method of re-signing players. I'd like to be able to re-sign players based on taking the initiative any time throughout the season, not just based on the 'timing' list we have today.
  5. Finally, actually marking the ball where forward progress was stopped. I'm getting pretty sick of the ball being marked a yard short of a first down when, in fact (according to the replay) my ballcarrier made contact with a defender a yard BEYOND the first down! He gets knocked back 2 yards, and... he's a yard short? Um, no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #122
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Alright after a lot more time with the game here are my 5:

1) Better contract and free agency system. A big part of NFL contracts is how much is guaranteed and how that money is distributed through the contract. Even though someone signs a big multi year deal a lot of times the money is only fully guaranteed through the first couple of years so a team can cut ties more easily if they don't perform.

2) Better team building logic, in multiple franchises I have run the Rams sign Le'Veon Bell, in what world does that logic make sense or is it even coded in the game. Teams like the 49ers, Cardinals, and Bill's also constantly sign a top QB from free agency or draft one in the first round during the first offseason. There is no way after investing heavily in QB through a trade or a high draft pick like these teams they would give up after 1 year. There's also got to be a way to have some kind of random logic built in where sometimes teams will cut bait with a veteran with a higher overall to go with a younger player to develop if they haven't performed or they draft a prospect with good potential l. Too often drafted players get buried on the depth chart behind aging veterans.

3) Assistant coaches/Coordinators and improve the new scheme system. Instead of having to pick from a generic list of head coaching candidates when I fire or let my current one walk I want to be able to poach a coordinator from another team. Also bring back the feature where retired players would sometimes come back as a coach or coordinator. Also with that improve on schemes, they are too generic for example how is there no man coverage 4-3 scheme. How for some positions like WR, RB, and DT are there only one type of archetype for scheme fit. There should be a different archetype for WR1, WR2, & WR3, RB1 & RB2, or in a 3-4 MLB1 & MLB2. There should be a way that you could customize the schemes to an extent, the point of a sports video game is you should be able to play coach and design your own scheme as you see fit.

4) A full on team creator and expansion mode. I know I've heard that it is the NFL holding them back on this one but I don't get what their issue is with it. We all want it and this is a sports video game so we should be able to play out our version of the NFL as we see fit.

5A) More immersion/better presentation. Work on the news stories and make them less generic and more engaging. I know the NFL doesn't want things like suspensions in the game but introduce some kind of randomness. Things like teams cutting bait all of a sudden with a long time veteran because he is not in their future plans, for example a new coach comes in and they trade their franchise QB because he wants to bring in his own.

5B) An improved injury system with progressive injuries. I had to add this one in to because it is a big one I feel strongly about as well. But improve the injury logic of when and where they happen. Also they need to add some kind of progressive injury system where players will show the wear & tear on their body over a career. Have a guy out for a few weeks with a slight tear of a ligament, when he comes back his knees are weakened and he is at higher risk for a full blown tear. Or have a WR come back from a rotator cuff with a higher chance of it happening again because his shoulders have taken a beating.

I feel like in recent years, the Madden team has really lacked creativeness and ingenuity. I know the current dev team has been a little better at communication and I hope with that they are working on some of these things that we've been asking and are close to getting them added. But I feel like they need some fresh ideas and minds on the team to bring a different perspective, not just for franchise mode but the series as a whole.

End rant.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #123
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I posted once in this thread, but as I've been diving into other games' franchise modes, my desires have changed a bit.

1. Fog of War. Holy crap - this would add a TON to Madden. Scouting and understanding your opponent is so crucial to football....having this feature alone would taken Madden's franchise mode up 10 notches. Basically, drop NHL's scouting model and fog of war into this game and we're golden.
2. Options/options/options. Give me as much or as little control of every aspect of franchise mode for every team. Easy 32 team control, being able to set CPU playbooks/schemes to custom schemes.
3. Make traits change dynamically based on player ratings. So as players progress/regress, they gain/lose traits. Static traits are a huge problem with this game but making them generated based on ratings would be huge.
4. Get rid of the C in CFM and create a 100% independent online franchise mode. Seriously, I think the biggest issues with offline franchise mode stem from the fact that they try to make the two fit into the same mode. I suspect that many of the restrictions in options (such as being able to assign playbooks to your opponents and so on) are due to the fact that they would be exploitable in online franchise modes.
5. Tout the depth you already have. Madden has more depth than people realize but the game does a crappy job showing it. If you're new to the series, you will have no idea that the awareness of your Center has a profound impact on blitz pickups. The game doesn't show it....there is no screen that provides this information. The game does a poor job of presenting what ratings matter for a player based on position/scheme. I watch a lot of Mills' streams and I am shocked as to how many people ask what I would consider to be pretty basic questions about Madden franchise mode. It's less about hand-holding and more about presenting the information in a more digestable format....that can then immediately spill into more in-depth additions.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:36 PM   #124
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I posted once in this thread, but as I've been diving into other games' franchise modes, my desires have changed a bit.

1. Fog of War. Holy crap - this would add a TON to Madden. Scouting and understanding your opponent is so crucial to football....having this feature alone would taken Madden's franchise mode up 10 notches. Basically, drop NHL's scouting model and fog of war into this game and we're golden.
2. Options/options/options. Give me as much or as little control of every aspect of franchise mode for every team. Easy 32 team control, being able to set CPU playbooks/schemes to custom schemes.
3. Make traits change dynamically based on player ratings. So as players progress/regress, they gain/lose traits. Static traits are a huge problem with this game but making them generated based on ratings would be huge.
4. Get rid of the C in CFM and create a 100% independent online franchise mode. Seriously, I think the biggest issues with offline franchise mode stem from the fact that they try to make the two fit into the same mode. I suspect that many of the restrictions in options (such as being able to assign playbooks to your opponents and so on) are due to the fact that they would be exploitable in online franchise modes.
5. Tout the depth you already have. Madden has more depth than people realize but the game does a crappy job showing it. If you're new to the series, you will have no idea that the awareness of your Center has a profound impact on blitz pickups. The game doesn't show it....there is no screen that provides this information. The game does a poor job of presenting what ratings matter for a player based on position/scheme. I watch a lot of Mills' streams and I am shocked as to how many people ask what I would consider to be pretty basic questions about Madden franchise mode. It's less about hand-holding and more about presenting the information in a more digestable format....that can then immediately spill into more in-depth additions.
So Josh, love your list but curious about the request for separating franchise mode and online franchise. I’ve seen this request by numerous people but wonder what it serves. Can’t you simply just not play online? Some of my inquiry revolves around the fact that I like to play both, by myself and also play franchise with my friends and I’m afraid if there’s an effort to separate the modes, my online franchises may suffer from it.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:29 PM   #125
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeWereGiants
The 49ers have had their current uniforms since the 2009 season and they have NEVER had those stupid looking 5's.
Yeah, not good.

IIRC, these current uniforms came in for 2012 when Nike took over, with the three stripes becoming two for the start of 2017. Not that any of that really matters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2019, 11:15 AM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ironman franchise - if you quit, you start over from season 1. No save points. Quit in game, and the save point will be during the game at the point you quit.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #127
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal1306
Ironman franchise - if you quit, you start over from season 1. No save points. Quit in game, and the save point will be during the game at the point you quit.

Can’t you already resume a game you quit midway anyway? It always gives me the option to restart or continue

Major Boise State fan
Old 01-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #128
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

1. Drastically improved adaptive AI

2. Expanded coaching staffs that utilize adaptive AI (e.g. coaches may take different approaches in defending elite WRs)

3. Expanded control over things like team scheme, e.g. the ability to designate SAM and WILL as opposed to R/L OLB and things like allowing the front 7 to auto flip but if I'm in a single high safety look I always want the FS back deep (think Earl Thomas). Go crazy deep with this.

4. Change the way scouting is done. Introduce completely hidden potential along with development speed. Make the user have to make difficult personnel decisions. Do I start my 82 ovr veteran QB or go with the 78 ovr rookie even though his potential could be no higher than low 80s?

5. Little things that make franchise as authentic and immersive as possible. Like accurate contracts maybe? Flacco's real life contract does not match with in game contract. The commentary updates throughout the season are cool, but useless for franchise mode. Give franchise some love when it comes to commentary. Stop talking about Mayfield as if he is a rookie when I'm 4 years into franchise

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »