Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 03-31-2019, 07:54 AM   #137

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

First off, I want to say that many of the arguments here of wants, and needs for franchise, are amazing. Simply put, there are many things here i would have never thought of.

With that said, I highly doubt they will overhaul franchise, at least in this generation. It's about MUT, and will always be about MUT going forward. I'm sure I'm not the first to point this out, but they will do whatever it takes to get a franchise player to at least try mut, in hopes of getting them hooked.

Look around YouTube, I dont see many franchise blog videos, all i see is MUT videos. Guys flexing their 99 over teams, using exploits, and coverage packages over and over. Where is the fun in that EA? Go watch Jmelfo or someone along those lines. Hes a great player, but when you are picking one of the same packages over and over, just changing routes to exploit the defense, that's no fun.

Maybe i got off track, but I wanna see franchise blog type videos again. You really can't do that anymore, cause their is no life in the mode anymore. Nothing to strive for.

50 Cent....

Cuz he's only good for 2 Quarters!!!!!
NFL - Denver Broncos
MLB - Colorado Rockies
NHL - Colorado Avalanche/Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-01-2019, 12:46 PM   #138
Rookie

OVR: 2
Unhappy Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

In all seriousness if we could get a current gen remake of Madden 07 from the venerable PS2 days I would be ecstatic! I know that is a sad commentary but MUT has ruined the last two generations of Madden for the vast majority of sim players.

Coaching profiles
College All Star Games
Pre Draft scouting
CPU v CPU games
QBs that actually scramble
Player roles (one of the best features ever)
Player happiness (holdouts and morale exist in M07)

It is amazing to me that in nearly every facet not visually related, a 13 year old game feels and executes a franchise/GM experience better than any Madden since.

Last edited by chargerrich; 04-01-2019 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-01-2019, 12:49 PM   #139

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargerrich
In all seriousness if we could a current gen remake of Madden 07 from the venerable PS2 days I would be ecstatic! I know that is a sad commentary but MUT has ruined the last two generations of Madden for the vast majority of sim players.

It is amazing to me that in nearly every facet not visually related, a 13 year old game feels and executes a franchise/GM experience better than any Madden since.

I miss Madden 06 on Xbox. I played the hell outta that game. The franchise mode was awesome, the superstar mode had life. It was just a great out of the box game. If I had the patience, I would for sure do a roster set, and just play that.

50 Cent....

Cuz he's only good for 2 Quarters!!!!!
NFL - Denver Broncos
MLB - Colorado Rockies
NHL - Colorado Avalanche/Winnipeg Jets
Old 04-02-2019, 12:19 AM   #140
Rookie

OVR: 0

At this point in the development cycle, this list will probably apply to Madden NFL 21 just as much as M20, but nonetheless here we go:

1. Coordinators/Coaching Carousel
I know members of the development team have said that they don't want to add in assistant coaches until they can get licenses for all of their names and appearances, but I get the sense that the vast majority of the community (myself included) would be fine with generic assistants. The movement of not only head coaches throughout the league, but also assistants would help prevent off-seasons from becoming stale. Also, assistants should possess traits that give them advantages or disadvantages with certain position groups. I just hope that these additions would be well-planned and fleshed out. Ideally, there'd be some sort of system that prevents head coaches who have been fired multiple times from being recycled again and again by CPU controlled teams. Maybe after two firings in, say, a five year span, that coach can then only be hired as an assistant or, perhaps, even removed from the pool entirely ("back to the college ranks", like Chip Kelly). A similar system that deals with coach retirements would be essential too, weighing a coach’s age and success (or lack thereof) over the course of his career. I'd also love the ability to edit a coach's name, age, build, playbooks, and attire. If all of these edits could be done outside of Franchise (for classic roster-making, especially) as well as inside of the mode, that'd be ideal.

2. Historical Stats Archive
To improve immersion, we need to feel more connected to previous seasons of our Franchise. At the bare minimum, final standings, postseason results and league award winners need to be accessible in future seasons. It would be nice to have full box scores for each game and full individual stats from seasons past, but I could see how that might not be feasible. Player cards would also need to be fixed; for awhile now, team names haven't been listed on the career stats screen and week-by-week stats for the current season have been displayed out of order. Adding an injury history category to player cards would be appreciated as well.

3. Improved CPU Roster Management
A lot of potential additions would be moot if the CPU doesn't do a more sensible job of understanding its own roster, managing acquisitions, valuing draft picks, etc.. Like graphics, this is an area of the game that could always be improved and refined.

4. News Presentation
One of my favorite ideas from DeuceDouglas' infamous CFM thread was a menu ticker that would report upcoming matchups, scores from the previous week, injuries and transactions. In the grand scheme of things, this would a fairly small addition, but I think it'd be a very good way of keeping you immersed with the rest of your league while going through menus, especially if it had NFL.com or NFL Network branding. A radio show (like in MLB: The Show or Madden NFL 2005-07) or video wrap-up show (like in NFL 2K5 or M10-M11) would also be appreciated for the same reasons. Lastly, having multiple broadcast graphics packages (one emulating CBS, another emulating FOX, etc.) would be good for helping games feel fresh.

5. Little Things
Am I cheating a bit with this last one? Why yes. Yes, I am. But, in all seriousness, the team at Tiburon usually adds in one or two small Franchise features per year that aren't huge but contribute slightly towards authenticity and realism. Recent examples include delegating all preseason cut downs to the final week in M18 and bringing back team captains for M19. Additional small features I'd like to see include:
  • Retired numbers (with the option to turn them off if using classic rosters)
  • The ability to export your Franchise team into Play Now
  • The ability to choose your preseason opponents
  • The ability to edit a player's body proportions
  • Some sort of injury history category for college prospects that would indicate their injury ratings
  • The ability to have a general idea of a prospect's physical ratings before the combine, perhaps as a 4th trait to spend points on
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
Football Championship: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions

M18: dmmfranchise Roster For Xbox One

My Flickr Account (Mostly Sports Photography)

Last edited by ripcandlestickpark; 04-03-2019 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2019, 06:13 PM   #141
Just started!

With all the McVay deciples getting snatched up around the league you think it would be a perfect time to implement coordinators.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2019, 11:23 PM   #142
Rookie

SpyPirates's Arena

I dunno if I can buy another Madden game that doesn't have an overhauled progression system. Closely related is a deeper and overhauled scouting system, and more focus and control on off-season activities. Basically, player development needs a lot of work.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:37 PM   #143
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

There are a lot of things I want--major Franchise overhaul, a real playbook editor (and updated playbooks that aren't from the mid-2000s), etc.

What irks me the most, however, is that Madden Share still doesn't work properly. How are you going to tout custom draft classes as a major feature when I can't even see all of the ones that are out there because your menu is buggy? How we can be nearly a year into the release of Madden 19 and still not have a workable roster/draft share is beyond understanding.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #144
Wahoo Wah

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

A robust compensatory draft picks feature which awards additional draft picks to all teams based on incoming and outgoing offseason free agents, as what happens in real life. Built into this, I would like to see AI teams understand how to accumulate compensatory draft picks and manage their offseason roster construction business accordingly.

That's the one thing I really want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »