Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 08-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #57
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

I would LOVE... I mean LOVE... to be able to actually see the players during my 1pm games. I know that's a lot to ask for, but man that would just be revolutionary.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:42 PM   #58
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

On top of the major changes I want, here's some small things:

-Give owners media questions more often. Right now its like 4 times a season. Owners are far more involved than that in real life. I wouldn't mind one every week, or every other, it would be a small thing to feel more involved.

-Get rid of the stupid commentary about skipping halftime. I may not watch every cut scene, but it's really obnoxious hearing "and we're skipping halftime I guess *chuckle chuckle*" type stuff. It really kills immersion.

-Have my scouting staff give feedback on FA options. I know if the guy is a fit, but it would be cool to have stuff more in depth. Say OBJ is on the market. "OBJ is a burner, he's a real playmaker and would bring a great target to our passing game. He's expensive, so if we go for him we can't do much more," or "Julius Thomas is an aging tight end, but he could easily fill the hole for us this season. With him, we're set and can draft in the offseason," type things. It shows me if they're scheme fit, but it would be cool to have a bit more.

-Full coaching staff, or at least an OC and DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonForTheWin
I put this in the wrong thread...lol...Typing while at work lol . Definitely not a want, but if EA wanted a way to squeeze $$ from all facets of the game, I wouldn't mind the option of paying for historic rosters IF that means they ACTUALLY put work into CFM
Oh gotcha...on that note though... PLEASE don't give them ideas lol I honestly think that would suck. If they turned rosters to a pay thing, they would get rid of custom ones, which people love. It would be either: play our default, of pay for this or that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I would LOVE... I mean LOVE... to be able to actually see the players during my 1pm games. I know that's a lot to ask for, but man that would just be revolutionary.
I know lighting is an issue for some, but lets stay on topic to wants specific to CFM

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-20-2018, 01:58 PM   #59
MVP

jk31's Arena

For multiplayer franchise I want to be able to select which game I want to play from all games and not just the next week.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:01 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
For multiplayer franchise I want to be able to select which game I want to play from all games and not just the next week.
So for example....you want to play a week 14 game before a week 6 game???

Sent from my SM-G925F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-12-2018, 08:14 PM   #61
Just started!

I would like positions ratings to be more realistic. I could move Joe Schobert to play 3-4 DE from MLB and he wouldn't have a horrible OVR. 3-4 DE and 4-3 OLB are completely different positions and shouldn't have similar OVR for a player. Also add long snapper. a team should have 50 non special team players not 51.

I would like a new draft process. Give mock drafts by different analysts so i can guess what guys teams like. have a choice to pick players for the mock that you "like" when you talk to the media to see if you can get teams to trade up to get their guy or trick teams into thinking you like someone else so he falls to you. The smokescreen vs reality game that goes on in NFL. Then immediately after the draft you fill the rest of the 90 (the real roster size) man roster with undrafted rookies. I don't like that you can pick undrafted rookies knowing their OVR rating. Also have more realistic draft day trades. the late round trades are ridiculous. why would i be able to move a 7th rounder for a pick 2 rounds higher in next draft. also the fact that you can only trade 3 assets at a time is not realistic.

I really like the coaching carousel idea people have been posting. Having different ratings that improve and get worse would be cool for coaches so you can watch coordinators develop into head coaches as head coaches fail.

I would like a new development system. Have mini camps where all the players start out with a lower overall rating and as they work hard, provided you have a good coach, the players improve. I mean Tom Brady isn't 99 OVR on the first day of camp. He has to take some time to get back into it. Similar to what they did in the Head Coach game years ago. If a veteran player has a poor camp and some unknown guy plays better the veteran will get cut but could pop up elsewhere and play decent on another team. this happens all the time. look at Carl Nassib (who names their kid Carl?) getting cut in cleveland and having a solid year in Tampa. This allows for the diamond in the ruff guy to catch on. And with this system its harder to cheat the draft to get the best players possible (harder to fill the bottom of the roster with 70 OVR undrafted rookies if none start there and you don't know which guys will develop into one) maybe the players at a certain range in the draft come in at a similar OVR but some develop more than others in camp. this is how players become busts or stars when they all seem equal in the draft. there are many busts because bad coaching ruined a player.

I would like some new attributes and ratings for players. One that would be cool is having playbook knowledge. If a QB knows 15 plays but ran one he didn't know then he is going to mess it up. Going into the year, Sam Darnold was way more talented than Josh McCown but was relatively clueless when it came to knowledge. McCown might have started week 1 with a better OVR but by the time the next few weeks came Darold learned the playbook better and earned the starting job. Not all rookies start day one, they have to develop and earn the spot. this doesn't happen in the game. Also Derek anderson started off the street with minimal playbook knowledge this year. he should be horrible after just signing and then improve as weeks go on and he knows more plays. In the game he is what his OVR is as a FA and on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 10:23 PM   #62
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Just wondering how many years in a row some of these suggestions have been asked for and we still don't have them or have taken them away.
Old 12-13-2018, 09:02 AM   #63
MVP

OVR: 15

The thing that made me stop playing so early this year (apart from Tekken 7) is the crappy playbooks. I can be satisfied with all of the other shortcomings if I feel like the game gives me opportunity to play different ways. I do not have that with 19. Every season since 15 it seems like they have made the playbooks more and more vanilla. We need more read options, more jet sweeps, more motion, formation shifts, ALL the old formations. I wanna be able to runt he Power T if I want! Give me back the game EA.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:22 PM   #64
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Build off what we have. It's really close...doing a massive overhaul right now will just set us back five years. That said, I'd like to see the following added to this mode:

1. Real gameday rosters with inactive lists and so on....none of this getting to use 53 men on game day....but that ties into number 2.
2. More in depth injury system...it needs to be more expansive and realistic. I want to see injury lists, I want to see players banged-up and have that effect on-field performance. The current "big decision" thing comes nowhere close to what we want/need.
3. Progressive fatigue throughout the season. Not often talked about....but I want overused players to slow down as the season goes on. A RB should not be just as fresh on season carry 300 as he was on carry 1.
4. More dynamic confidence system...it's too easy to build it up across the board on your team with a few wins. I want to see more instances of players with 20 confidence and others with 80 confidence. I want a really bad game to completely deflate a guy's confidence but really good ones to build it back up.
5. Let us assign custom playbooks to CPU teams....please!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »