Home

Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

This is a discussion on Top Five Franchise wants for M20? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
NASCAR Heat 4 Review
FIFA 20 Demo Available Now, Features Kick-Off Mode and VOLTA Football - Post Your Impressions Here
NBA 2K20 Review

Old 12-13-2018, 01:16 PM   #65
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Top Five Franchise wants for M20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Build off what we have. It's really close...doing a massive overhaul right now will just set us back five years. That said, I'd like to see the following added to this mode:

1. Real gameday rosters with inactive lists and so on....none of this getting to use 53 men on game day....but that ties into number 2.
2. More in depth injury system...it needs to be more expansive and realistic. I want to see injury lists, I want to see players banged-up and have that effect on-field performance. The current "big decision" thing comes nowhere close to what we want/need.
3. Progressive fatigue throughout the season. Not often talked about....but I want overused players to slow down as the season goes on. A RB should not be just as fresh on season carry 300 as he was on carry 1.
4. More dynamic confidence system...it's too easy to build it up across the board on your team with a few wins. I want to see more instances of players with 20 confidence and others with 80 confidence. I want a really bad game to completely deflate a guy's confidence but really good ones to build it back up.
5. Let us assign custom playbooks to CPU teams....please!!
The injury and roster decisions need to be better implemented. I'm there with you. Make us choose who to activate, who to carry on our active roster and have real injury designations every week.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2018, 02:02 PM   #66
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I want more immersion...

1. A true halftime show with clips from key games and a rundown of the rest of the games with scores and key statistics.

2. Sideline reporter would be a nice addition maybe talking about an injury or a coaching adjustment.

3. Playoff race commentary, "it's a final in Philadelphia, they beat Dallas 31-30, so the Cardinals need to win this game if they want to stay in the Wildcard race".

4. More stat overlays, leading rusher/receiver/passing TD's and commentary to go with it.

5. PLEASE get rid of showing the head coach in between plays. I don't mind during a penalty or challenge, but not every... single... time... post play.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:12 PM   #67
Pro

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Build off what we have. It's really close...doing a massive overhaul right now will just set us back five years. That said, I'd like to see the following added to this mode:

1. Real gameday rosters with inactive lists and so on....none of this getting to use 53 men on game day....but that ties into number 2.
2. More in depth injury system...it needs to be more expansive and realistic. I want to see injury lists, I want to see players banged-up and have that effect on-field performance. The current "big decision" thing comes nowhere close to what we want/need.
3. Progressive fatigue throughout the season. Not often talked about....but I want overused players to slow down as the season goes on. A RB should not be just as fresh on season carry 300 as he was on carry 1.
4. More dynamic confidence system...it's too easy to build it up across the board on your team with a few wins. I want to see more instances of players with 20 confidence and others with 80 confidence. I want a really bad game to completely deflate a guy's confidence but really good ones to build it back up.
5. Let us assign custom playbooks to CPU teams....please!!

That's a good point on the massive overhaul, we always run the risk of getting a really stripped down version of franchise for a couple of years.

1. This would be a welcome addition for me, maybe add an option to turn game day rosters off for the casual franchise players that just want to boot up their franchise and start a game.
2. This has been one of the items on top of my franchise wish list for a while now. I would like to see players playing through minor injuries that could possibly get progressively worse after each game. I would also like to see progressive wear and tear on bodies due to injuries.
3. I don't know why I've never thought of putting this in to one of my franchise wish lists. Both NBA 2k and MLB: the Show have a progressive fatigue system.
4. At this point the way it is now does the current confidence system even really have an effect on game play?
5. Not only custom playbooks, but we also need to have some kind of custom scheme system. Schemes are really dumbed down the way they are now and the fact that you can't at least modify them in some way to build a scheme that you see fit is crazy.

To add a couple of my own:

6. I want to see them further improve the team building logic of these CPU teams. I've had the Rams sign Le'Veon Bell in multiple franchises, what possible team building logic would this happen with? They needed a dependable back up for Todd Gurley? lol The 49ers also always draft a 1st round QB in the first off-season, and Bills usually sign a QB to start over Josh Allen in the 1st off-season.

7. I want a full teambuilder and expansion team option complete with an expansion draft.

8. Better contract options, allow us to decide how much guaranteed money and how it is distributed over the contract. A lot of teams in the real NFL will offer a contract where only the first couple of years are fully guaranteed.

9. Better atmosphere's for the playoffs and the superbowl, right now they don't feel much different than playing a normal regular season game.
Old 12-13-2018, 03:19 PM   #68
Rookie

JDrama84's Arena

OVR: 0

1- Coaching Carousel- There should be numerous candidates worth hiring in the offseason in CFM. I should see coordinators, head coaches, and CPU teams should make moves to coaching after several years of losing.

2- Superstar Mode- This DOES NOT mean story mode! Can they add a few cut scenes here and there? Sure, but more importantly, I want an immersive superstar mode that has depth and replay-ability. I realize that this is a slight cop out, but I want them to try their best to create an experience like 2k has with their superstar mode. Decisions should have to be made each week on how I want to spend my time.

3- Locked Traits/Skills- The preseason sucks. Why? As soon as you draft a player/sign a player, you know INSTANTLY if they are any good, if they fit your scheme, etc. When we draft a player or sign a player, we should have to unlock their key skills and attributes. In other words, skills should be LOCKED from view until they get:

A- Practice time
B- Playing the player in the preseason
C- Playing the player in the regular season
D- One on one coaching

How cool would it be if you didn't find out until week 3 of the preseason or even during the regular season that your rookie QB may NOT be the player you thought you were drafting! I think that this is my favorite idea for an add on and would not be difficult to execute.

NFL teams draft players that they believe in, but sometimes they find out very early, "This isn't the guy we thought we were going to get."

4- Injury Severity Slider/Injury Diversity- I don't know about you, but I am so tired of should tears and bruised sternums. The injuries are so repetitive! Also, there are still not enough 2-4 week injuries.

Last edited by JDrama84; 12-13-2018 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:20 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrama84
3- Locked Traits/Skills- The preseason sucks. Why? As soon as you draft a player/sign a player, you know INSTANTLY if they are any good, if they fit your scheme, etc. When we draft a player or sign a player, we should have to unlock their key skills and attributes. In other words, skills should be LOCKED from view until they get:

A- Practice time
B- Playing the player in the preseason
C- Playing the player in the regular season
D- One on one coaching

How cool would it be if you didn't find out until week 3 of the preseason or even during the regular season that your rookie QB may NOT be the player you thought you were drafting! I think that this is my favorite idea for an add on and would not be difficult to execute.

NFL teams draft players that they believe in, but sometimes they find out very early, "This isn't the guy we thought we were going to get."
Your whole list is excellent but I wanted to highlight #3. I want this feature bad or even if it’s just NHL 19s fog war system. This would solve so many problems with preseason.

The whole flash the guns thing they’ve got in there now can GTFO.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:44 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Be able to play H2H within the CFM

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2018, 07:13 AM   #71
MVP

1. This might be an odd one for some, but I'd get rid of the overall rating. Leave the attribute rating but completely remove the OVR. There is some sense to this. First, it makes player judgment far more realistic. You can't just look for the best player; you have to look at actual skills just like teams and coaches do in real life. The best example of this I can give is how Championship Manager used to work. Second, with no overall, it allows for attributes to fluctuate more, both from game to game but more important season to season. A god player can have a down year.

2. This kinda leads on from the last point. Randomness. Make players progression more random. Have guys lose or gain skills more frequently. Have a rookie randomly gain skills after his second season. Have a player randomly lose skills after he signed a new contract if he has a lower personality or character rating.

3. Draft needs to be harder. I can nail every pick in every draft far too easily.

4. Post Draft - The top two above points would help in so far that after the draft, you should NOT see your rookie's OVR and his attributes should not be revealed in one go. The attributes should be slowly revealed over the rookie season.

5. I'd like to see photos for drafted players return and I'd like to see the number of photos they use tripled with us being allowed to change photos to prevent "fat guy" 180lb CB occuring.

6. Name bank for drafted players. It needs to be a massive list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 7

Assistant Coaches:OC, DC, Special Teams at the very least with the ability to edit them ala NCAA Football 12-14.

Coaching Carousel

Playable Pro Bowl

Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Days: Preferably playable

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »