Home

Any downsides to simming preseason games?

This is a discussion on Any downsides to simming preseason games? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 01:52 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any downsides to simming preseason games?

I plan to do the practice, player progression, and cuts/signings/trades myself. But I thought it would be a good idea to have the CPU sim the games.

Any downsides to this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2018, 02:01 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Any downsides to simming preseason games?

Assuming it’s the same as the past, I’ve never had a problem with it other than the occasional major injury. The sim does a pretty good job of it. Generally plays the starters a bit and then subs everyone out. I like to go check the stats at the end of the preseason and use them to decide position battles. I don’t think you gain anything from actually playing them.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:12 AM   #3
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Any downsides to simming preseason games?

Well, if you play them you can be a bit more strategic about getting guys playing time to get them a skill point before the season starts, make sure you play backups you want to see progress for a majority of the time, stuff like that. I generally play the moments, making sure to plan my substitution pattern to develop young guys who wont see as much playing time in the regular season.

It's basically 4 free XP opportunities.

That said, you can do a great deal of that just with depth charts. Make sure the QB you want to get XP is in the #2 slot, things like that, but be careful about overplaying your hand with starters and losing someone. I keep my injury slider fairly high just to keep myself honest.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »