Home

CFM house rules: Post yours here!

This is a discussion on CFM house rules: Post yours here! within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 06:25 PM   #1
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

I figure we all cheese, but for some of us it's best to try and be fair. Take myself for instance, I will remove down in the draft, maybe 6-7 times if there is nothing for me at my original pick. Sometimes I draft over 11 players year in and year out, and that's not fair.

So I would like a gathering of everyone's house rules that work for them in CFM. Wither it be the draft to help me out, FA, trades during the year and off season, playbook calling and so on and so fourth.

LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT!
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Chvrch's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CFM house rules: Post yours here!

Sliders are a house rule IMO. I try to make sure the sliders are optimal to give me a challenge. I know of some people who just play on easy mode and don’t care, but I think at least a medium challenge needs to be there.

A potential “cheese” thing that I do from time to time is when I have a rookie QB. I might automatically raise his awareness 3-5 every now and then after I feel he has accumulated enough experience. I don’t want to edit him into a beast, but some weird **** can go wrong when a new QB’s AWR is low.

I’ll think about other things.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Just a few from my online cfm with a few friends:

1. Max of 14 draft picks and no more than 5 in any round. You can trade for picks during the draft but you must enter the draft in compliance. 14 is the most picks any real nfl team has had in one draft.

2. You cannot trade free agents signees off the street (off season signing are fair game.)

3. You must maintain 53 man roster

4. You must maintain a full practice squad - this is primarily to ensure talent development in the league

5. You cannot shuffle players to the practice squad and back to the active roster for the purpose of resigning to a long term deal at the end of the season.

6. If you steal a practice squad player, you cannot place him on your practice squad.

7. WRs moved to TE must meet height and weight requirements of 6’3” and 230lbs.

Most of these were put in place to end abuses so if they seem a little strange - that’s why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-11-2018, 11:00 PM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't like doing things the CPU can't do cause I don't want any advantage. Unfortunately this requires a lot of house rules.

For starters no choosing my own players to focus train, I have to use whatever the CPU picks. They are absolutely awful at choosing and will put guys like 70 ovr third string player with normal development into focus training. Putting my best young players in focus training gives an unfair advantage so I don't do it.

Second, progression must be set to auto. The CPU does not progress their players to match their schemes so they miss out on the xp bonuses. If I make my players fit the scheme it gives me an unfair xp bonus.

Restricted position changes. As far as I know the CPU won't change players positions besides switching up DEs and OLBS in 3-4 to 4-3 or vice versa. So no putting a good tackling cornerback at safety or moving WR to TE or anything like that.

No trading with another team unless they benefit equally. I dont allow myself to make one sided trades. Both teams must benefit from the move. And I barely do any trading to make my team better because it's unfair, the CPU hardly ever trades anyone.

No scouting past the first ability. The CPU sometimes takes bad players in the draft but with full scouting mine are always good. When I do manual scouting every player I choose I know is going to be good and just about what I expected which is nothing like a real draft. By only scouting the first ability I have an idea if the guy will be good judging by ability and combine results but sometimes I'm wrong which is more realistic.

My coaches schemes must match the playbooks I'm using. No using a scheme to boost my team the best but not using that scheme in games. For example the 46 defense is always matching my defense the most but I don't run a 46 so I don't ever use that.

As for on the field stuff, I don't control my QB. Coach Mode is turned on and I let him make the throws. This puts him equal to the CPU QBs and his ratings will matter more then when I'm playing QB. I also don't control receivers until they catch the ball, and I dont control anyone on defense. No pre snap adjustments besides audibles. no hot routes or flipping runs etc. its my belief that the CPU doesn't use those.

All special teams plays get simulated. Field goals are too easy, kickoffs and punts it's too easy to hit stick the returner. Always get better punt and kick returns then the CPU. and I think the kick blocking mechanic is just unfair that it's based on button timing and not ratings.

For the most part I use the coaching suggestion plays and dont go for it on any unusual 4th down situations.

I'm sure there's more im forgetting right now but that's most of them.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk

Last edited by BleedGreen710; 08-12-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:05 AM   #5
Banned

I don't use things that I don't think the CPU can use, play on all pro in broadcast for challenge, use strategy play calling and call plays with the least amount of times run and yards gained, and no switch and cycle through all players before repeating... All I can think of right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 02:26 AM   #6
MVP

A few of mine:

1. I must carry one dedicated long snapper on the roster at all times.

2. All pick for pick trades require the use of Old Man Nathy's Draft Pick Trade Value Calculator.

3. After the draft, the only undrafted free agents I can sign are ones that I spent scouting points on. This way, I can't simply cherry-pick the ones with the best ratings. After the preseason, though, this restriction is lifted.
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
EPL: Brentford FC

RIP San Francisco Deltas | 2017 NASL Champions
Old 08-12-2018, 04:11 AM   #7
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I don't like doing things the CPU can't do cause I don't want any advantage. Unfortunately this requires a lot of house rules.

For starters no choosing my own players to focus train, I have to use whatever the CPU picks. They are absolutely awful at choosing and will put guys like 70 ovr third string player with normal development into focus training. Putting my best young players in focus training gives an unfair advantage so I don't do it.

Second, progression must be set to auto. The CPU does not progress their players to match their schemes so they miss out on the xp bonuses. If I make my players fit the scheme it gives me an unfair xp bonus.

Restricted position changes. As far as I know the CPU won't change players positions besides switching up DEs and OLBS in 3-4 to 4-3 or vice versa. So no putting a good tackling cornerback at safety or moving WR to TE or anything like that.

No trading with another team unless they benefit equally. I dont allow myself to make one sided trades. Both teams must benefit from the move. And I barely do any trading to make my team better because it's unfair, the CPU hardly ever trades anyone.

No scouting past the first ability. The CPU sometimes takes bad players in the draft but with full scouting mine are always good. When I do manual scouting every player I choose I know is going to be good and just about what I expected which is nothing like a real draft. By only scouting the first ability I have an idea if the guy will be good judging by ability and combine results but sometimes I'm wrong which is more realistic.

My coaches schemes must match the playbooks I'm using. No using a scheme to boost my team the best but not using that scheme in games. For example the 46 defense is always matching my defense the most but I don't run a 46 so I don't ever use that.

As for on the field stuff, I don't control my QB. Coach Mode is turned on and I let him make the throws. This puts him equal to the CPU QBs and his ratings will matter more then when I'm playing QB. I also don't control receivers until they catch the ball, and I dont control anyone on defense. No pre snap adjustments besides audibles. no hot routes or flipping runs etc. its my belief that the CPU doesn't use those.

All special teams plays get simulated. Field goals are too easy, kickoffs and punts it's too easy to hit stick the returner. Always get better punt and kick returns then the CPU. and I think the kick blocking mechanic is just unfair that it's based on button timing and not ratings.

For the most part I use the coaching suggestion plays and dont go for it on any unusual 4th down situations.

I'm sure there's more im forgetting right now but that's most of them.

Sent from my HTC Desire 625 using Tapatalk
Nice list - basically the foundation of what I have always set for myself. Unfortunately, this results in not bothering to play the game.
Old 08-12-2018, 04:50 AM   #8
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripcandlestickpark

3. After the draft, the only undrafted free agents I can sign are ones that I spent scouting points on. This way, I can't simply cherry-pick the ones with the best ratings. After the preseason, though, this restriction is lifted.
That seems unnecessary since the CPU teams get free reign to grab whoever they want before you can even look at the list.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »