Home

Getting in the end zone

This is a discussion on Getting in the end zone within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Getting in the end zone

I seem to hit a wall when inside red zone. Anyone else have this struggle? Year 2 of my offline franchise. I’m 2-0. Looking at my stats now Jay Ajayi leads the league in rushing and Wentz is 2nd in the league in passing yards. Zero passing touchdowns however. 24-40 for 374 in 2 games(I play 6 min qtrs) I have 2 rushing tds with him and one with Ajayi. Any input would be appreciated it’s challenging but frustrating haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 07:10 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Getting in the end zone

High pass to your tallest player, TD.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:14 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerhater
I seem to hit a wall when inside red zone. Anyone else have this struggle? Year 2 of my offline franchise. I’m 2-0. Looking at my stats now Jay Ajayi leads the league in rushing and Wentz is 2nd in the league in passing yards. Zero passing touchdowns however. 24-40 for 374 in 2 games(I play 6 min qtrs) I have 2 rushing tds with him and one with Ajayi. Any input would be appreciated it’s challenging but frustrating haha
Very difficult this year, in a good way, and I put together a custom playbook and installed a 60 play gameplan!! It's tough to run the ball and the defensive backs really jam the heck out of the receivers. Remember, you have less room to attack the defensive vertically, so you have to spread them out somewhat. I still need to tinker with that gameplay situation.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:31 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Very difficult this year, in a good way, and I put together a custom playbook and installed a 60 play gameplan!! It's tough to run the ball and the defensive backs really jam the heck out of the receivers. Remember, you have less room to attack the defensive vertically, so you have to spread them out somewhat. I still need to tinker with that gameplay situation.
Oh I agree in it’s in a fun way other than when I am cursing haha. Def pleased with this years addition. Nothing wrong with being an adult and taking your franchise way too serious like I do 😂
Old 08-11-2018, 07:42 PM   #5
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Honestly, gooaline runs are actually working this year. I’ve run power O for a TD, toss sweep and iso. Last year these were often insta losses (outside of the sweep. The sweep was also effective last year). So, if you’re talking inside the 5 yard line, u can rock goaline runs.

For passing plays, I like Z spot plays if u have them. If u throw those at all, u can really get good at reading whether or not the TE will be open running a corner route to the end zone. That’s the hopeful target, but if he’s not open, u can target your WRs as well and just need to read who’s open.

And, if u have a tall wr, run whatever formation u like and hot route him to a fade and let er rip with a high point throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 08:42 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
High pass to your tallest player, TD.
This. Specifically get a post route that won't run out of room. You'll want to use aggressive catch. Watch some of Dubby's game plays on YouTube if you need a guide.
Old 08-11-2018, 08:47 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Honestly, gooaline runs are actually working this year. I’ve run power O for a TD, toss sweep and iso. Last year these were often insta losses (outside of the sweep. The sweep was also effective last year). So, if you’re talking inside the 5 yard line, u can rock goaline runs.

For passing plays, I like Z spot plays if u have them. If u throw those at all, u can really get good at reading whether or not the TE will be open running a corner route to the end zone. That’s the hopeful target, but if he’s not open, u can target your WRs as well and just need to read who’s open.

And, if u have a tall wr, run whatever formation u like and hot route him to a fade and let er rip with a high point throw.

Z spot is in my situation. Good play if you time it just right. Working on my fades. Different passing mechanics than M17. Gotta practice my goal line runs and record my gameplay to see what I am missing.
Old 08-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #8
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Getting in the end zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Z spot is in my situation. Good play if you time it just right. Working on my fades. Different passing mechanics than M17. Gotta practice my goal line runs and record my gameplay to see what I am missing.

Yeah, it’s tough to describe, in terms of ‘how’ to run on the goaline. My best advice is look at the D players as you’re running as opposed to looking at your runner. U may already do that, but I’ve had issues in the past where I focus on my RB too much for some reason instead of looking at where he’s running to. If running an iso, u prob won’t be able to run right through that A gap. U need to watch who your center blocks, I believe, and then pick a side of that block and just go for it. Don’t sprint, of course, but just go there. I had a successful LT + X dive over the top today, too, with Coleman. So, that’s an option, but needs to be timed well to even dive correctly. But, if you’ve been running the ball up the middle throughout the rest of your game, u can often get away with a first down toss sweep out of goaline, and the D will be flat footed. With rpm this year, that’s another play where u wait to sprint. Wait for that last block to seal the edge, then BLAST OFF with sprint! Lol. And, you’ll hit the edge hard. I like to dive into the end zone at the pylon, too. If u hold sprint, u dive with 1 hand. I tend to pull off sprint for the safer 2 hand dive. But, either way, the toss sweep was actually somewhat overpowered for me last year. I ran that a lot on the goaline with success. I have 2 speed backs, though (90+), so that makes sense.

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 08-13-2018 at 08:37 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »