Home

Franchise Question - Madden 19

This is a discussion on Franchise Question - Madden 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #1
Rookie

ElMago9's Arena

OVR: 0
Franchise Question - Madden 19

‪I haven’t played Madden in a long while, and heard some things have changed over the years. Like there’s no more Season Mode. Which brings me to my question: Is there any possible way through Franchise Mode to just play a regular season, with the regular rosters, where I don’t have to do all the extra ****? And where I control all the NFL teams’ transactions and such? Like I don’t want the CPU trading or signing anyone unless I do so. Point is, I want to maintain real-life rosters and just play my scheduled games without worrying about owner and coach duties such as scouting and things like that. ‬

Essentially what I’m asking is, what’s the closest I could get - settings wise - to the original season mode?

‪Now with most sports games I’m exclusively a season/franchise mode player, so something like this will determine rather I purchase the game or not. ‬

‪Anyone?‬

Last edited by ElMago9; 08-10-2018 at 11:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #2
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Franchise Question - Madden 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMago9
‪I haven’t played Madden in a long while, and heard some things have changed over the years. Like there’s no more Season Mode. Which brings me to my question: Is there any possible way through Franchise Mode to just play a regular season, with the regular rosters, where I don’t have to do all the extra ****? And where I control all the NFL teams’ transactions and such? Like I don’t want the CPU trading or signing anyone unless I do so. Point is, I want to maintain real-life rosters and just play my scheduled games without worrying about owner and coach duties such as scouting and things like that. ‬

Essentially what I’m asking is, what’s the closest I could get - settings wise - to the original season mode?

‪Now with most sports games I’m exclusively a season/franchise mode player, so something like this will determine rather I purchase the game or not. ‬

‪Anyone?‬
It's possible - The ability is there through Franchise Mode to just play one season with either the default or updated rosters, control all 32 teams, and simulate all of the scouting, player progression, player training, mid-season contract negotiations, etc.

To be honest, I recommend signing up for an EA Access subscription and just downloading the game for the free 10-hour trial through EA Access. One month is $4.99, and since you can cancel the subscription at any time, it's far less of a risk money-wise. You can just hop in a Franchise Mode and poke around and see if you can set up your season the way you'd like and spend $4.99 instead of $60 while you're testing it out.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
Rookie

ElMago9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
It's possible - The ability is there through Franchise Mode to just play one season with either the default or updated rosters, control all 32 teams, and simulate all of the scouting, player progression, player training, mid-season contract negotiations, etc.

To be honest, I recommend signing up for an EA Access subscription and just downloading the game for the free 10-hour trial through EA Access. One month is $4.99, and since you can cancel the subscription at any time, it's far less of a risk money-wise. You can just hop in a Franchise Mode and poke around and see if you can set up your season the way you'd like and spend $4.99 instead of $60 while you're testing it out.
Much appreciated response. Thanks, man.
Old 08-11-2018, 03:18 PM   #4
Rookie

Yes, it is possible. You have to choose OFFLINE FRANCHISE and pick a team using a Head Coach. Once you've established one team, and you are about to start your Franchise, you can pick another team or as many teams as you want to User Control, by clicking down on your Right Stick which will bring up the User Information on the Main Franchise Screen, that is where you can continue to pick User Teams as a Head Coach. Then, you just simulate what you do or do not want to do through your season settings.
Old 08-11-2018, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

ElMago9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschultz
Yes, it is possible. You have to choose OFFLINE FRANCHISE and pick a team using a Head Coach. Once you've established one team, and you are about to start your Franchise, you can pick another team or as many teams as you want to User Control, by clicking down on your Right Stick which will bring up the User Information on the Main Franchise Screen, that is where you can continue to pick User Teams as a Head Coach. Then, you just simulate what you do or do not want to do through your season settings.
Okay, cool. And to clarify, no CPU trading, signings, etc. will occur if I do all this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #6
Rookie

JustADashOfDak's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMago9
Okay, cool. And to clarify, no CPU trading, signings, etc. will occur if I do all this?
Not unless you turn CPU filling, signings, and trading on to where it does those things for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »