Home

Passing tips please

This is a discussion on Passing tips please within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #9
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Passing tips please

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom2040
I'm sorry but bullet passes are used in the NFL. Why even put it in the game if we can't use it. Just reinforces that trajectories are indeed not correct in this series.

And yes I have seen some interceptions I have never seen on Sundays, Saturdays, or Fridays .....regardless of my button input. It is there and prevalent. Lots if us have experienced it. But yes I agree to use all the passing mechanics allowed in the game. And practice them. But there are times where it simply doesn't matter.

And lastly those lbs are still there. And so are the dbs and safeties. Go to the impressions ththread. It won't take u long.
He's not saying bullet passes are never used, just saying not to use them when dropping a pass in over a linebacker. Don't use them when there is a defender in the throwing lane, as a bullet pass is a low trajectory. The double tap works well.

I too have seen some...lets call it "impressive" jumps by defenders It's there, for sure. Not quite as bad as in the past, but it's there. I do see it more, however, if I try to throw a bullet pass while they're in the lane.

I think the trajectory issue and super jumps is actually directly related to the bullet pass. I have not seen those wild jumps or anything on any other type of throw (high, low, "drop in"). So either the trajectory for a bullet is a bit buggy, or they did that to force users to learn the new passing controls. I'm fine with the latter, personally, as it adds more challenge/strategy, but I can see why people don't like it.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-12-2018, 11:10 PM   #10
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

I started passing great and now if its not a crossing route i find myseld scared to throw because now im throwing 4-5 int’s a game also. But i use bullet pass a lot. Need to work on it.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:51 PM   #11
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3

Biggest tips for passing in '19 I've realized.

1. Wait for your play to develop. Forcing things too quickly can cost you yards and possession unfortunately.

2. Don't be afraid to check down to a running back or a guy waiting in the flat after your primary read is covered.

3. Utilize all the throw types. User a receiver's catch mechanic if you have to.

4. Don't rely on the plays or routes that always worked in previous Madden games. Crossing routes and corners are not guaranteed open routes anymore. Think in terms of actual football. Learn the coverages in skill trainer and try to remember at least one kind of play that attacks them.

5. Audible to a run if necessary. If you think the defense looks way too good for your passing play, check into a run. Live to fight another possession unless it's crunch time. Punting happens in real football. No need to force the ball every play.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »