Home

Throw ball away under heavy pressure with QB

This is a discussion on Throw ball away under heavy pressure with QB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #1
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

OVR: 0
Throw ball away under heavy pressure with QB

Well we have 2018 and it's still not possible in M19 to individual configure the controller buttons....

when i get under pressure from CPU-defenders and my QB will be sacked, i wished so often that the "throw away" button would be a normal button and not push/click the right analog stick for this important action to avoid sacks ....

Last edited by Fredette; 08-12-2018 at 03:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 06:39 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Throw ball away under heavy pressure with QB

what button would you prefer it to be? Honest question, because all other buttons are either receivers, tuck and run, juke etc. Or are you just saying you wish you could configure control how you want them, like individual as a user?

I think the "right click" is probably the best place for it, as its close to other buttons you would use for other commands such as receiver icons. Just my two cents.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-13-2018, 10:44 AM   #3
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Do u have an elite controller by chance? The reason I ask is that I set up 2 paddle buttons for the ‘stick clicks’ and it works better. When I’m in trouble and need to throw the ball away, I just flick the right paddle button. I’ve never been a fan of the clock stick, period. Clicking excessively ruins controllers as well, actually. For games where ‘running’ is to click the left stick, again, I just click the left paddle. Very helpful, imo.

If u don’t have elite controller or similar, this post will not help u. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2018, 02:38 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Right click is the best place for it IMO. And if you don't like that as the above poster said you really need to go ahead and buy an Elite controller so you can map it to where you want it to be.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-14-2018, 01:07 AM   #5
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

I meant it would be nice when the user could configure the buttons individually.

Thanks for response, i will buy a Elite controller.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 03:55 AM   #6
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Remappable controller buttons would be a big win for accessibility. There's no equivalent to the Elite controller on PS4, so mapping to paddle flippers isn't really an option there.

The PS4 does allow remapping the controller buttons at the system level, but the on-screen button display doesn't change in-game as far as I know, which could be confusing.

You might reach out to Karen Stevens on Twitter about the matter. She's the designer in charge of the game accessibility push at EA Sports, be it colorblindness options, menu readout and blind user accessibility options, and so on.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:51 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Remappable controller buttons would be a big win for accessibility. There's no equivalent to the Elite controller on PS4, so mapping to paddle flippers isn't really an option there.

SCUF controllers are like the Elite on PS4

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-14-2018, 10:03 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette
Well we have 2018 and it's still not possible in M19 to individual configure the controller buttons....

when i get under pressure from CPU-defenders and my QB will be sacked, i wished so often that the "throw away" button would be a normal button and not push/click the right analog stick for this important action to avoid sacks ....
+1000 whoever came to the idea, that mapping actions to the buttons of the analog sticks is good idea, needs to be punished. I'm going to Scuff-mod my Xbox controller to have these actions available on an additional trigger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »