Home

This is the problem with mods forcing our posts into Q&A and impressions threads

This is a discussion on This is the problem with mods forcing our posts into Q&A and impressions threads within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 08:28 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
This is the problem with mods forcing our posts into Q&A and impressions threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
43K views on the Impressions thread (started on 8/6)

21K views on the Q&A thread (started on 7/31)

Almost 12K views on the Bugs thread (started on 8/1)

I disagree whole-heartedly with the notion that "no one goes to these threads".

This is a fine point, but something else to note, however, is that this site gets lots of non-registered traffic. A fresh thread made at 3AM might have 120 views in a matter of an hour or so, for instance, but like only four or five actual active members looked at it, and thus no responses; OP’s like “wth man 120 views and no answer?” Happens all the time. I think your data has a similar thing going on, especially the Q&A thread where it’s pretty obvious there’s only 10 or 20 guys who will regularly respond, even less as the year goes on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #26
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: This is the problem with mods forcing our posts into Q&A and impressions threads

I understand what he is saying about the Q&A thread. Things get buried fast there and yes there is a search button, but lets face it, it isn't exactly the best search button ever. Sometimes it works fine and other times you can't find anything with it.

I just wish the mods were more consistent on here on what is allowed and what's not. I got 2 examples for it. One day I said that I thought the Madden team was lazy in the way they were making the game. I had a mod say not to call anybody lazy. Here's the problem with it though, I have seen numerous people say the same exact thing in the last 2 months and nothing has been said to them, at least not in the thread like it was said to me.

The second thing that happened was I responded to a comment someone made and got a warning for trolling. I'm thinking to myself, what the heck people say things like that all the time. I didn't argue any of it, but dang man be consistent.

99% of the time the mods are great, but are just inconsistent sometimes.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:36 PM   #27
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: This is the problem with mods forcing our posts into Q&A and impressions threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypace1
In these threads, most questions, concerns, and such are unanswered and no feedback is given.. Its just random questions, statements, or impressions and they're is very little discussion about anything because we just don't really go there... Posting on the main page creates better dialogue and better opportunity for people to see and isolates the discussion into an individual thread... What do you guys think.. (no question mark or they will close this and refer me to Q&A or impressions lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Please post this in the Operation Sports Forum Impressions thread.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #28
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
Please post this in the Operation Sports Forum Impressions thread.
I won't lie, I laughed.

Bleedgreen had a great point. If it's presented in a way to promote discussion, and not just a one liner question/answer type thing, I think it will have a better chance. Look how long this one is going, after all? It was presented to spark a discussion about the forum, how it is run, and why it is run in said way. We're 4 pages into it in less than a day.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-13-2018, 09:53 PM   #29
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I won't lie, I laughed.

Bleedgreen had a great point. If it's presented in a way to promote discussion, and not just a one liner question/answer type thing, I think it will have a better chance. Look how long this one is going, after all? It was presented to spark a discussion about the forum, how it is run, and why it is run in said way. We're 4 pages into it in less than a day.
It's all how you look at it, I only have 2 pages of discussion. lol
Old 08-13-2018, 10:23 PM   #30
Rookie

permanent1's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
43K views on the Impressions thread (started on 8/6)

21K views on the Q&A thread (started on 7/31)

Almost 12K views on the Bugs thread (started on 8/1)

I disagree whole-heartedly with the notion that "no one goes to these threads".
Sure lots of people go to these threads myself included but i am sure like me a whole lot of those people do not read much of what is in there and skim over most of it, as well a lot who do read them all so i would put it in the middle somewhere.
Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #31
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74

I just wish the mods were more consistent on here on what is allowed and what's not. I got 2 examples for it. One day I said that I thought the Madden team was lazy in the way they were making the game. I had a mod say not to call anybody lazy. Here's the problem with it though, I have seen numerous people say the same exact thing in the last 2 months and nothing has been said to them, at least not in the thread like it was said to me.

The second thing that happened was I responded to a comment someone made and got a warning for trolling. I'm thinking to myself, what the heck people say things like that all the time. I didn't argue any of it, but dang man be consistent.

99% of the time the mods are great, but are just inconsistent sometimes.
Of course there will be inconsistencies. It's no different than having multiple teachers or managers. All ultimately have the same goal, but just go about it a little different. Context plays a part as well.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2018, 10:57 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 19

I’m an old head here and am very happy with how the mods are keeping things in order and not letting it become so toxic that EA devs forsake looking at/visiting this forum.

Past OS History has provided the Mods with enough insight/wisdom to recognize and shut down those rephrased/reghashed “Tension” threads/topics that never really lead to anything productive.

First and formost, the Mods have to maintain the “Quality” of the forum, otherwise it becomes a hot mess and useless.

In the end, I basically see it as Quality Control.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »