Home

Default All-Madden

This is a discussion on Default All-Madden within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 11:41 PM   #25
MVP

scitychamps87's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Default All-Madden

My main frustration is this:

1. I'm not a fan of messing with sliders. The burden is on EA to make a functioning football experience. Not me.

2. All-Madden: Robo AI QB, Leaping LB interceptions, CPU hit sticks on every tackle while I can no longer land one thanks to the new patch, my DBs don't react to CPU WRs cutting, and I'm sacked constantly because all my WRs are covered so tightly on every play they can't breathe.

All-Pro: Feels fine for a few games. Then you realize you have a receiver open on every single play. You also will never have a losing season in CFM if you play every game on All-Pro even if you're playing with a team like the 2017 Browns or the 2008 Lions.

I love the feel of this year's game. But I am so tired of having this same frustration year after year after year. Why can't a game play sim on a default difficulty level? It sure seems to do so in NBA 2k, The Show, NHL, and FIFA. I do not have to use sliders for any of those games. But Madden can never seem to handle All-Pro being too easy and All-Madden being too much of a step up. It's improved this year but still not there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
--5 Time Stanley Cup Champions--
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 05:18 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

That is your opinion mate, I cannot agree.
I found All Madden on Default too easy as well. I made 17 Interceptions just in the first 3 games.
Also on AM Default you always find on a specific play (if you found it in your playbook) always that play where 1 of your WR`s is open, I hate this.
You have to work against with Sliders.
I do not recommend mine then, because I need a tougher challenge.
You should give the All Pro Slider sets a try, not a big deal.

M19 is a step forward in general, tougher challenge than M18. M18 was tougher than M17, so I like this progression we face here.
Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
How do you guys play defense on All-Madden? I just got beat with Bortles in a playoff game with the Steelers. I couldn't stop him at all.

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
Max coverage or max pressure with nothing in between. The AI cannot handle six man rushes, so find the better ones in your chosen PB. These can also be your run defenses, but if you want more safety you can use C4 against probable runs.

If you do not want to send pressure rush no more than 3, and blanket the field with zones and QB spies. The AI will hold the ball forever and start tossing you picks and/or scrambling right into your QB spies. Don't be afraid to send the spies as the AI receivers begin the scramble drill because at least one of them will come open for a big gain if you don't force the issue sooner.

Default All-Madden AI will *always* find the open guy when you rush 4 or 5, so don't do it or you'll get picked apart.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:12 AM   #28
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

I'm using a heavy mix of sliders. I've taken pointers from JoshC, Matt10, and Charter.

Right now, I'm on All-Madden and I think I found a really good balance. I'm just trying to fix an issue with insta-sheds. But other than that, it's really challenging.

Still can't do much about the CPU run game. Bloody hell EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »