Home

Sliders for blocked kicks

This is a discussion on Sliders for blocked kicks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 02:32 PM   #9
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Sliders for blocked kicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
You can tell because it calls a specific animation once the ball is snapped. It is predetermined...at least for the CPU.
THIS.. I can always tell when they are going to block one of my kicks because of this goofy animation sequence.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
Is there a slider that adjust how often this happens? I'm like 7 games into my season. I've been blocked on FG's probably about 5-6 times (3 in one game!) and I've had my punts blocked 3. The latest was a game that was tied in the 4th with like 3 mins left. Of course I was backed up deep and lost because of it. I get this happens in real life. But not nearly at the rate I see it happening in Madden.

I guess the other option is to sim all kicks. But that's just a ridiculous fix. There is a giant list of issues with this game. But blocks are among the top. And knowing EA. It won't get addressed until 2025. In which they just remove the feature and bring it back in 2027 as new.
On the one hand, it's scripted as you feel your kicker hesitate before attempting the kick. On the other hand, if you kick perfect, or even near perfect inside your accuracy mark, you should not experience a block sequence. I know of no slider to prevent this from triggering. Practice my friend and good luck.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:21 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
On the one hand, it's scripted as you feel your kicker hesitate before attempting the kick. On the other hand, if you kick perfect, or even near perfect inside your accuracy mark, you should not experience a block sequence. I know of no slider to prevent this from triggering. Practice my friend and good luck.
However, I do see this all the time against the CPU. Players I do not control (Coach mode, CPU vs CPU, or even linemen I am not controlling) will block kicks which leads me to believe it is "scripted" or based on a dice roll that occurs all too frequently.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 05:11 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think I get an XP blocked on average every second game, field goals probably 1 in every 4 attempts.

It’s ridiculous and cost me three games directly. If it happened once a season I’d actually like it, but when you know it’s a pretty good chance of happening every single play the fun goes away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »