Home

Sliders,sliders,and is the name of the game.

This is a discussion on Sliders,sliders,and is the name of the game. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Sliders,sliders,and is the name of the game.

Mods I beg you to please do not put this in a wishlist thread because it might be over looked,not saying my wish is more important than others but this needs to be addressed for madden 20.madden should make lots of gameplay sliders for the user control ,so much that us single players won't ever mention competive,mut,online ever again.

Just look at 2k gameplay sliders for so many years nobody complained until last year (microtraction) but still sold 10 mill because 2k gave us (single players) the tools for our hearts desire offline .

Madden Ai (CPU) needs:

RB/Wr ability

Slider for the frequency tenancy Blitz

AI play calling slider

IQ Slider for the CPU

Until they fix the pass trajectory,they should put a jumping awareness slider because superman line backers return this year unfortunately.

Big Hit slider,so that will help lower the WWE tackles

Wr/DB interaction slider

QB deep ball slider for CPU that will help stop lots of dink and dunk passes,you can turn then into Marino/Bret farve long balls and please not every QB has a high throwing power rating i just don't get that part

If there is more gameplay sliders you wish EA put in please chime in.the more ideas the better.

We need multiple QB sliders, RB sliders, O-line sliders, DL sliders, and so on. It's been a request for improvement long time now.

Last edited by simbayless; 08-16-2018 at 09:51 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sliders,sliders,and is the name of the game.

As far as big hits, I think the can be turned off. I've also noticed it seems to be more of a sound FX issue, because even mild tackles get a big hit type sound effect.

As far as pass trajectory, I haven't seen many super jumps. It more of depends on the type of pass. The bullet pass is on a rope and easy for defenders to hit, but the touch (double tap) and high/low passes avoid this.

Otherwise, I'd love some of those other ideas, such as playcalling IQ. I wouldn't want to mess with blitzing, as that more of comes into playcalling. Adding one for blitzing can effect style of play, which should vary from team to team.

I'd love more sliders in a way that the each affect only ONE aspect of the game. Currently, every slider impacts much more than what it's title implies. They're still usable, and obviously people have found ways to work them, but it's tough to fine tune a slider set when Offsides somehow effects how well the linemen block.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-14-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I think everyone wants more sliders options, question is, how much miles of coding is under those sliders.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:11 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Personally I'd like to see a full explanation of what the sliders actually do (from the devs) before wanting new ones piled on top. Stuff like exactly what ratings and AI tendencies each slider affects.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:29 PM   #5
Rookie

I know a lot of people jump to the sliders to be able to fix “problems” they see with the game. Honestly, after my own experience and adjustments, I feel the “big problem” with the game is ratings. It’s being talked about in another thread, but ratings are the big factor. EA rates a lot of people higher than they should to not upset the players and gamers. Lowering ratings like jumping on certain positions (linebackers), will get rid of them making crazy interceptions and blocks. Also, lowering hit power gets you away from “wwe” style hits. EA give us more editing options then people truly see or want to do IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #6
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
I know a lot of people jump to the sliders to be able to fix “problems” they see with the game. Honestly, after my own experience and adjustments, I feel the “big problem” with the game is ratings. It’s being talked about in another thread, but ratings are the big factor. EA rates a lot of people higher than they should to not upset the players and gamers. Lowering ratings like jumping on certain positions (linebackers), will get rid of them making crazy interceptions and blocks. Also, lowering hit power gets you away from “wwe” style hits. EA give us more editing options then people truly see or want to do IMO.

What rosters are you using and is for ps4?
Old 08-14-2018, 07:47 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
What rosters are you using and is for ps4?

I use my own and I’m on Xbox. Also, I’m still on 18 because I’ve come to the realization that madden is heading in a different direction than the way I play. They cater to the “money makers.” I don’t have $60 I can spend every year and keep editing to my liking. So, I’ve worked on my own set and have come up with the best gameplay I could ask for IMO.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:02 PM   #8
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho

Couldn’t agree more, I mean look at how many high rated RBs and TE they are

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »