Home

Angry Joe on a huge rant

This is a discussion on Angry Joe on a huge rant within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 01:54 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Angry Joe on a huge rant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
I can’t remember which version, but at one point you needed VC to make strategy changes and such in franchise mode.
You're thinking of MyGM and even that mode doesn't require you to spend a dime. There's an option to purchase morale buffs for players or to upgrade facilities but these are completely optional.

MyLeague has no options for using VC in any area of the mode, players earn it from playing games and that's it.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #34
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

Never heard of this guy before but that was pretty hysterical. He does make some valid points but at the same time I am having more fun with this version of Madden than I have in the last few years. The solid gameplay makes up for a lot of the other shortcomings.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:07 PM   #35
Rookie

HesiPullupJimbo's Arena

If some user typed out that rant and posted it here, they would be banned.

I honestly think that EA tries to do as little as possible to franchise mode not just to focus on MUT, but also to keep people from getting invested in franchise instead of MUT.

I fully convinced EA views Franchise mode as competition to its MUT sales. On the other hand, franchise is a legacy feature that they have to include and that gets people buying the game. So, they advertise a few "big" changes, but make sure they are shallow and/or flawed. That way people buy the game, get bored in franchise, and turn to MUT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 02:15 PM   #36
E=MC(2)

Mitchrapp's Arena

We're like robots. NFL season is upon us bam we need to get Madden. One thing I learned a few years ago the first time you don't buy the game it becomes easier the next time and can make a more rational decision.

Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Tigers
Michigan Football

I didn't mean to hit the umpire with the dirt, but I did mean to hit that bastard in the stands. -- Babe Ruth

Trying to sneak a pitch past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster. -- Joe Adcock
Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 PM   #37
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by opius
Hard to argue with any of it really.

Even OS, as good a job as they do, are afraid to tell it how it is and pan these small upgrades. Obviously, if they do then EA Sports give them less access to their titles.
Yeah totally...let me just go to r/madden ... oh wait that place is a **** hole. Nah it's just that this place tends to skew towards older gamers and the sites setup prevents mob rule and allows moderate and reasonable opinions to shine.

EA doesn't give any handouts to OS. And frankly why would they? All we do is bitch (deservingly) about the state of Sim football.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2018, 02:38 PM   #38
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Wait, do people really think it looks and feels the same as last year? Do people not believe that gameplay has received serious upgrades over the last several versions?
Yes it looks the same as last year. And it actually plays worse than last year, as a coach mode player. I don't control the players, but I've been playing coach mode for years and this year is one of the worst.

I've had more RB's, WR's, and TE's run with the ball in a slow and awkward animation/locomotion and instead of just running straight, they turn laterally and run into a defender when they had daylight in front of them. Useless cuts, jukes, and other animations that don't make sense in the situation they're in.

QB AI is still horrible and the QB's run out of the pocket and right before they cross the LOS, they pass the ball back across their body only to be incomplete or an int.

Yes the gameplay is bad...for me..for a coach mode player. But if you control all the players in your games, then you have nothing to worry about, hence why MUT and online play is probably fine.

TLDR? Yes the animations, gameplay, and graphics aren't good. Yes, Angry Joe is 100% spot on.

I've already moved on and am waiting for some kind of gameplay patch. But very few people play coach mode, so we know that the gameplay in a coach mode sense won't be addressed.

Last edited by extremeskins04; 08-15-2018 at 02:41 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 02:39 PM   #39
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
My problem; from the early PS2-era through its end, the game did make steady progress. I won't say revolutionary, but compared to say, 1993?.. 1998?..

The exclusive license did its part as well. I think with each year we go without a competitor, the less and less likely we are to ever see one again.

Precisely; the jump from PS1 to PS2 went seamlessly, so I’ve heard. I was young when 2K5 came out, maybe 7 or 8, but I remember favoring that over Madden 05, which was great in its own right. What’s happened to this franchise is sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2018, 02:46 PM   #40
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Precisely; the jump from PS1 to PS2 went seamlessly, so I’ve heard. I was young when 2K5 came out, maybe 7 or 8, but I remember favoring that over Madden 05, which was great in its own right. What’s happened to this franchise is sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Madden was SO good at the time, I didn't give 2k a passing thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »