Home

Angry Joe on a huge rant

This is a discussion on Angry Joe on a huge rant within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:47 PM   #57
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Angry Joe on a huge rant

The CAP face options had me in tears, man. That alone was worth the 20 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-15-2018, 11:55 PM   #58
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0

Just watched this on YT, I wasn't sure how accurate he'd be since I knew he must not have been playing for a while anyway, but he still knows just how far along this game should be, but it's not.

I decided not to get it this year and it looks like the right choice. Once again, they try to change their locomotion and it still has all the same issues. Just how poor is the foundation on most of the features are in this franchise that all these same issues exist even after trying to fix them?! Year after year we get stuck with the same issues, I just can't do it anymore.

I only got last year's Madden b/c it went down to about $15, and it MAY have been worth it. There are just too many issues and little to no actual innovation.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2018, 01:17 AM   #59
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Was watching it a few minutes ago and laughing. Then, I realized how sad it was; they’ve taken so many enjoyable features out of the game/dumbed them down, it’s ridiculous.

•Referees no longer throw flags, nor say the jersey number of the penalized player

•The Create-A-Player faces are a joke, you can’t even give them a unique hairstyle

•Superstar Mode

•Immersion in Franchise Mode

•Full team customization

Ultimately, I could go on and on.

I went back and watched an evolution of graphics video, watched the gameplay, and now I’m starting to think that maybe Madden’s never been good, but it’s the only thing that’s out there. That means every little added “feature” is given high praise, *even if they’ve been in previous games and were taken out*.

Just an opinion and probably an unpopular one. Decided to comment before this gets turned into a mosh pit.
Wow no flags thrown

Wtf? When did this stop?
Old 08-16-2018, 01:36 AM   #60
Rookie

lilmikey201's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I find his videos to be jokes. Can't stand his ranting long enough to make it past the first minute. Bunch of hot air just to get views.
watch the full video and youll realize its not just for views
Old 08-16-2018, 01:43 AM   #61
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

I have fun with M19 (Until NBA2K19 arrives), but also feel frustration at same time from a offline players point.

I wish the NFL License would change to a better publisher. From a officially licensed NFL game i expect a passionate product with a lot of depth and details.

Maybe EA should do a remaster of PS2 Madden's with photorealistic graphics and gameplaypatches? nah, just joking!

PS:; Excellent video! Well done. Send it to EA please

Last edited by Fredette; 08-16-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2018, 01:45 AM   #62
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

His rant was pretty spot on. I haven't bought M19 this year and given PC issues with the access version I may pass for some time.

Him questioning what the Dev team is doing over the cycle is a valid points, though they don't get as much time due to the yearly release. Sometimes I wonder if they Dev's are oblivious to certain things or simply aren't capable of correcting them. It's the way they sometimes respond to issues that makes me doubt their abilities. We see it every year, issues are quickly identified (wind arrow, punt, QB play, etc.) and they act like it's some obscure problem that was never noticed.

One that's stood out recently was the spin on why traits no longer change. With the scheme-fit system changing how XP is used there is no longer a menu to purchase new traits. When asked if the traits could still be changed, drops open passes, fights for yards, big hitter, high motor, etc., the Dev team responded that they won't change but it helps to create a more dynamic world, or something like that.

To me this feels more like a "whoops we forgot about that part of the XP system" than an intended outcome. They changed the menus and overlooked that area. The very least traits could have been tied into the ratings, CIT - Possessive Catches, CAR - Braces for XX hits, and so on. To say it is an intended choice is to say that a wrong wind indicator was a creative choice. That custom playbooks affecting weather in CFM was a choice. This issues lasted several edition and weren't corrected, so that must mean they were features as well.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:38 AM   #63
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette
I have fun with M19 (Until NBA2K19 arrives), but also feel frustration at same time from a offline players point.

I wish the NFL License would change to a better publisher. From a officially licensed NFL game i expect a passionate product with a lot of depth and details.

Maybe EA should do a remaster of PS2 Madden's with photorealistic graphics and gameplaypatches? nah, just joking!

PS:; Excellent video! Well done. Send it to EA please

I don't get why the NFL feels the need to grant a license to only one company. EA is responsible for the stagnation of the game but it's not their fault there is no competition. I don't see things changing anytime soon unfortunately.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:35 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
Yeah, I don’t think OS and EA are working hand-in-hand. I think the OS community tries to defend the developers, and they should. They try their best to put a product out and have little say in the direction of the game.

That doesn’t excuse the seemingly piss poor state the game was released in (from a technological standpoint). I think if they’d released it on the 25th, some of these issues would be ironed out. Maybe these guys don’t have the talent to produce a consistently good football game, despite their hearts and minds being in the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I should've clarified earlier - I don't think OS gets paid off. I just think that if OS was to be honest and review Madden, as most in this topic have, that they would be saying don't buy due to the lack of improvements.

However, they do not. They have their own personal reasons for this - less people buy it will lead to less people visiting here - but I also could see (and do not know this for sure) that if they did post a negative review then EA would not be as welcoming for exclusive info such as playing early builds or giving interviews. The reviews on here of Madden are always positive and say it is worth the investment overall (they do acknowledge the good and bad though).

I also think Angry Joe missed the mark at times. If people want to play MUT then that's their decision. Angry Joe needs to understand that the game can be played on many terms but the lack of improvements to other modes and gameplay is the issue with Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »