Home

Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #25
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
It's like they accidentally forgot about franchise mode one year, and never went back to address the issue. For some reason they think the best way to resolve this is to just ignore it altogether and continue moving forward with other parts of the game.
I'm getting close to the point where if they don't announce significant changes to franchise mode next year this might be the first year I don't buy the game in as long as I can remember. At the very least if I really get the football itch I'll just wait to find a used copy so the purchase doesn't go to EA's numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 05:31 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only way someone could defend this unrealistc uninspired and flat franchise mode is if they had not played other sports franchise games.

Play Football Manager 2018 or Play Front Office Football. It's shameful that a single programmer, Jim Grindin, has created, with no studio support, a deep and realistic NFL management game. Madden devs should play that and be embarrassed.

The combination of skills from Jim and the OOTP team in the forthcoming Front Office Football 9 should have those of us yearning for a meaningful franchise mode very excited. It's just annoying that we can't play out the game's like we can in Madden. Perhaps Axis Football will eventually provide the perfect merger of franchise mode and on field game play.

Madden will never deliver a deep franchise mode until it starts introducing proper player coach and owner personality models. When I play Football Manager 2018 I feel like I am in living breathing world as news pops up in my inbox that Ronaldo is unsettled at Real Madrid or that the Man Utd board are thinking of sacking Mourinho for poor results. None of this happens in Madden. It's just a bunch of numbers with a photo attached. No personality.

Madden has to introduce hidden ratings and hidden potential. It's adds so much to depth when you have taken some young players with possibly great potential and you gamble with them and then see them play well on the field. With Madden you already know exactly what each player's skill is the moment they are drafted. Utter dullness.

And finally for the love of God get rid of this XP stats based progression nonsense. XP belongs to World of Warcraft or Dungeons and Dragons. Not a real world sports franchise game. Players get better due to team practice and off season workouts, in field playing time and coaching not because they happened to score a TD on one particular drive as ordered by some random arbitrary drive goal.

Madden's franchise mode is so disappointing when you see what other games have done.
Old 08-18-2018, 07:38 AM   #27
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Wow, that is bad. I haven't gotten a game for a few years since Franchise mode has been put on the backburner, but can't believe you can't even check box scores and stuff.

Yes you can. Fake news.

Go to the league schedule...choose a week, click on any game. Full box scores.

Lord man.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-18-2018, 08:20 AM   #28
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

I think most know I, like many of you would love a more robust franchise mode.

But JoshC1977 and I we talk a lot about sports games lol.....and we agree that Franchise Mode on Madden is not some awesome mode, but it is definitely playable.

Everyone points back to Madden 2005 or 2007 on the PS2/XBOX era. Yeah...great times back then.

But what can’t we do today that we could then? Other than pre-season position battles (which come on guys you can do that now......just play out pre-season and have your storylines and make you decisions)?

The Tony Bruno Show......now I am all for a weekly highlight show or better yet a Red Zone wrap up each week. We need immersive elements no doubt. But again I beg to ask wha can’t you really do now that you could then?

And don’t get me started on the other games franchise mode.....it was never that good. Presentation? TO this day the best. And EA has the tech (long shot) to transfer the drama to franchise mode with Good Morning Football or NFL Red Zone or any type of immersive network presentation.

Deep roster management we need, dynamic injury system like HC09 we need.

But I ask again with all this nostalgia, what could you do then that is so critical that you can’t do on Madden 19.

Have a hard time answering that. Honestly.

I like Madden’s franchise mode. I don’t love it. But it is far from bad. Far far from that.

I am pounding the floor for more just like the rest of you....there is so much more they could do and I will say it again the presentation elements both in game and in the franchise hub could be so much more.

It is time they move to a true NFL Network or Fox or ESPN (I don’t care) broadcast package and get rid of this cartoonish EA BS. EA logos everywhere, like they are a network. It’s awful.

Even the new QB intros......terrible. I preferred the CBS style real motion phot swipes.....at least that had some authenticity. And the player intros? My god. Cartoon network quality. That is an NFL broadcast? And don’t get me started on the broken replay system. Tragic.

That is where we should focus our energy. We need true network presentation on and off the field and the game will feel brand spanking new.

Question is.......will they put the resources into doing that for franchise mode players....and specifcally offline franchise players.

I am not that hopeful of that direction.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #29
Rookie

I saw that NHL 19 is incorporating 20 pro and amateur scouts with various skill ratings. I also saw that it is incorporating a fog of war system so a player's skill on another team is not well known until you start scouting him or play against him. Interesting stuff. Hopefully the Madden team is working on similar things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-18-2018, 12:19 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsteele14
I saw that NHL 19 is incorporating 20 pro and amateur scouts with various skill ratings. I also saw that it is incorporating a fog of war system so a player's skill on another team is not well known until you start scouting him or play against him. Interesting stuff. Hopefully the Madden team is working on similar things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah but apparently that is all NHL 19 is incorporating in to its franchise mode. Good news is they appear to be releasing PC version this year or next.
Old 08-18-2018, 12:31 PM   #31
MVP

Thumbs down Re: Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown

I went in to walmart on release day to buy the game. It was 3 p.m. and they didn't even have tbe game out. I had to ask for it and the associate had to ask someone else if it was out... anyway, they had to go into the back to get me the game. That does not speak well for the game. I couldn't imagine a call of duty game being still in the back at 3 p.m. on release day. I blame it on ea's concentration on competitive play which most players do not care about. When you care so little for your franchise players that you won't fix punting i 3 years because it doesn't affect competitive play you are showing what you think of your customers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 01:05 PM   #32
Banned

A couple big differences besides the radio show(which was awesome imo)

Progression was better imo. I am not a fan of turning a sports game into a rpg

Summer camp drills, small but cool addition to help progress players.

There was an “importance” rating IIRC something we need now to help early round picks not get tossed to the side so easily.

Also holdouts and different player personalities.

Coaching affecting specific attributes vs being an RPG.

We had assistant coaches. This is a big deal and should be in the game considering how important they are to schemes.

Better stat tracking, I loved being able to check a player’s stats throughout his career

Scouting was better. I loved having scouting reports of upcoming prospects vs having exact number and unlocking them like a RPG.

The gameplans each week were waaaay better and actually based on your opponents favorite plays. Im also pretty sure the cpu would use that against you and adjust if you kept running the same play.

That’s all off the top of my head.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »