Home

Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown

This is a discussion on Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown

We all remember the days when franchise mode was exciting in Madden. After every game, we’d...

Written By: Josh Houtz

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden 19 Connected Franchise Breakdown

The franchise mode got shafted again. It's incredibly disappointing because sooooo many other elements have been refined and improved. I can't believe I'll be waiting another year for franchise mode to mean something AGAIN. It's fun becuase the game is fun. The new ratings, depth chart stuff, and schemes and tweaks to cpu ai are much better, but everything beyond that is exactly the same. The scheme stuff is cute but shallow. CPU ai still don't seem to game plan much, and everything is static aside from me staring at my coach.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

My two cents... I've had the game for just over two weeks and Franchise mode is already stale fore me. This is not a good sign. Considering it's the only mode I play this game will probably be out of rotation soon
Old 08-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #4
Rookie

Crazy Packers Fan's Arena

This sucks. Franchise mode is the only mode I care about. In the PS2/Xbox days, the biggest flaw with Franchise mode is that it only lasted 30 seasons. Now it's something if I even play 3 seasons. Please, EA, bring back the magic in Franchise mode.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:58 AM   #5
Rookie

I played Madden for three days and grew tired. I love franchise modes, but this year's Madden is dull. I was excited to try out the archetype player upgrading system, but I cannot figure out how to upgrade my players when I simulate a week. The player progression screen only appears after I finish playing a game. The My Team menu does not list an option to spend player xp, or in this case improve archetypes, as in Madden 18. It's frustrating.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 08-15-2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: removing unnecessary font size HTML markup
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 12:19 PM   #6
Banned

How does franchise mode work online with friends?
In 2012 I remember trying to have a draft at the beginning on the season and being very frustrated that I only had like 30 seconds to make my pick.

Anyone have any good details yet?

I am waiting for 2 friends to buy the game and get ready to go.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:35 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by janspants
I played Madden for three days and grew tired. I love franchise modes, but this year's Madden is dull. I was excited to try out the archetype player upgrading system, but I cannot figure out how to upgrade my players when I simulate a week. The player progression screen only appears after I finish playing a game. The My Team menu does not list an option to spend player xp, or in this case improve archetypes, as in Madden 18. It's frustrating.
Not sure why you decided to type this so large...

Anyway, although guys earn XP, they don't earn an upgrade each week. I have had weeks where I upgrade 5 guys, sometimes 1, sometimes none. So perhaps it's just you didn't have anyone to upgrade after simming? You also don't spend XP anymore, you gather XP, and once you have enough for a skill point, you apply the skill point.

Personally, I think franchise isn't deep enough to enjoy without playing the games myself, so I haven't run into this issue.

I think this article is a fair breakdown. There's still a lot left to be desired in franchise, but there are a couple improvements.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

"At the end of the day, Madden 19‘s Connected Franchise mode isn’t much different than those that came before. It’s still a watered down version from other sports video games and has clearly been put on the back burner for Madden Ultimate Team."

That sums it all up for me personally as far as CFM goes.Just sad . They have yet to even release the MCA yet , but they sure pushed out a new madden mobile , with new engine and all. Yet the MCA has nothing new , and cant release it .... because its mostly CFM related.... Just rather sad.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »