Home

I absolutely suck now (Pro)

This is a discussion on I absolutely suck now (Pro) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2018, 06:02 AM   #17
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I absolutely suck now (Pro)

Go into practice mode woth no defense and just practice “feathering” the LS, see how you player moves and cuts when pressing the stick 25%, 50%, 75% and 100%. Once i did this along with laying off turbo almost for the duration of the run, my run game got a lot better. I had more control over my back and was able to slip into holes i couldnt hit before.

The AI in madden reads your controller input to react. If you hold the stick 100% inany direction the defense will counter by making a B line straight at you. Holdig turbo causes instant block sheds.
Old 08-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Not sure what I am doing wrong. Mostly messing around with exhibition games. Usually playing as the Legends team, which presumably has the best players of all time.

I'll pick obvious passing situations (3rd and 8, 4th and 8, etc), pick a running play just to see if I can gain some positive yardage, and I'm getting hit in the backfield. This is on pro difficulty.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:30 AM   #19
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

First new Madden I’ve bought since 15. Plays similar, just getting used to the physics and such. But man, the run game is my favorite part of Madden. I prefer an old school run and play defense team. I’ve been struggling.

I’ll have to lay off the sprint! It hasn’t seemed as effective overall anyway. My guys still looked like they were loafing it, but I think it’s more me still adjusting then a problem. If it was so obvious I’m sure these forums would be blowing up about it. I actually thought my controller might be jacked up as my RB kind of stutters immediately after receiving the hand off. That hesitation, I thought, could mean the difference between a gain or none/a loss. I’m thinking that’s actually been a product of me jamming the sprint button as soon as the ball is hiked.

I will say there’s some animations that play too often, and contribute to the perception that the run game doesn’t exist. It’s frustrating to hit the hole but then land 2 yards back. Forward progress counts but it’s not rewarding.

I’ll have to hit the trainer and work on my skills and overall get used to the game. I’ve been holding off a franchise until Week 1 rosters are set, so I’ve got a week to mess around in there before I hit real games in franchise. Still have to figure out what team I want to roll with too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »