Home

Interceptions

This is a discussion on Interceptions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2018, 10:57 AM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scitychamps87
What difficulty are you playing on? All-Madden seems to suffer from leaping linebackers

Sent from my XT1650 using Operation Sports mobile app
I've lowered CPU reaction time to 10 and it's made a world of a difference; even more so than lowering the INT slider. This is on All-Pro, haven't tested it on All-Madden yet. I don't believe the issue is caught-vs-dropped INTs, I believe it's the CPU defenders warping all over the place like an EA game from a decade ago. I have posted plenty of appalling examples in the physics thread.

I also have speed threshold at zero.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 08-20-2018, 12:53 PM   #10
Rookie

Dsabol715's Arena

OVR: 0

I started off throwing at least 3 a game in my first preseason. As I played more, I got the feel for this year’s game and my picks dropped considerably. I feel if I can average less than 1 a game for the season, that’s fine for a me for a video game. I did that my first season in CFM so I’m content. My only issue is all the picks I throw are to the LBs. I’m guilty of a few dumb throws but most are the superhuman leaps and grabs these Lbs make, especially when I played the Jags and Vikings (both losses).
Pokemon LeafGreen

Teams:
New York Jets
New York Mets
Philadelphia Flyers
Old 08-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #11
Rookie

steelheat226's Arena

The majority of the games I've played I've averaged atleast 1 or 2 picks. As many have mentioned, by linebackers jumping crazy high for them.

I haven't mastered a good pass over the backers either. I think I need to work my my L1 high pass this Madden.

What makes it worse is literally everytime after its picked off, the intended wide receiver just stands there letting the guy take it a good distance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 01:53 PM   #12
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

I struggled for a game or 2. A big thing I've noticed, that I've pointed out on here a few times so I'm sorry if I'm a broken record, is that coverage is tight. In past versions, a DB one step behind would let the receiver catch it, then tackle him. No play on the ball. Now, they will swat, or go for the pick. In other words, they're aggressive. It's more realistic. My first game I threw 3 picks. Now I'm about 10 games in total. 3 games into my CFM regular season I've thrown 1.

My tips:

-Don't be Brett Favre. Forced passes get picked.

-Step into throws, don't be the backpedaling backfoot thrower that has worked for years in madden. Stand the pocket, fire the pass.

-Use your touch, high and low throws. Especially over the middle. Bullet passes are on a ROPE. To me, the LB's don't have super jumps, it's that bullet trajectories are low, and therefore able to be swatted/tipped. High throws for the win if coverage is underneath.

-Know the coverage and reads. Know who your true primary is. This is not necessarily the guy who is always open or has been in the past, but the guy the pass is designed for.

-Read the defense, not your receiver. Don't look for an open man, look at defenders. If the primary is a drag, don't look at him, look at the LB's and where they're going to see if your guy will open up. For example, on a drag: right at the snap I'm looking at the MLB and linebacker/nickel on the side the drag is going to. They almost immediately tell me if the drag will be open, or go to the next read.

-Know your checkdowns. TONS of passes, IRL and in madden, will wind up going to checkdowns. I have been completing 75%-80% in most games (which is annoying high for realism) because I am almost constantly using checkdowns.

-Finally, don't look at the DB's head to see if they will react. I see this complaint ALL THE TIME. "The DB was psychic he wasn't even looking and reached to the pass!" Yeah, head movement has been an issue for...well forever as long as I can remember. Don't base passes on where his head is, do it purely on separation.

I think that's all. Hopefully it helps!

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #13
Rookie

I struggled with this at first too—unfortunately it’s the “high motor” trait that causes all of the warping/route anticipation BS.

So you can use imac’s Rosters which has this trait off for all players.

Or just turn reaction time and INTs down.
Would love for Madden to re-tool the “high motor” trait through a patch.
Old 08-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #14
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog00003
I struggled with this at first too—unfortunately it’s the “high motor” trait that causes all of the warping/route anticipation BS.

So you can use imac’s Rosters which has this trait off for all players.

Or just turn reaction time and INTs down.
Would love for Madden to re-tool the “high motor” trait through a patch.
Interesting. Do that many defenders have High Motor traits?

Old 08-20-2018, 05:43 PM   #15
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
I've lowered CPU reaction time to 10 and it's made a world of a difference; even more so than lowering the INT slider. This is on All-Pro, haven't tested it on All-Madden yet. I don't believe the issue is caught-vs-dropped INTs, I believe it's the CPU defenders warping all over the place like an EA game from a decade ago. I have posted plenty of appalling examples in the physics thread.

I also have speed threshold at zero.
I just lowered mine to 45 for both CPU and Player and I instantly noticed a difference! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had a CB jump backwards in the air to intercept a pass, so far with just this little tweak, I haven't seen any of that and I'm finally starting to fit passes into tight windows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2018, 06:38 PM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I just lowered mine to 45 for both CPU and Player and I instantly noticed a difference! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I had a CB jump backwards in the air to intercept a pass, so far with just this little tweak, I haven't seen any of that and I'm finally starting to fit passes into tight windows.
Yep! 10 is most likely too low but I'm still enjoying the cathartic experience of slicing up the CPU through the air for the first time in 19. Glad to hear even 45 makes a noticeable difference.

For as big of a mess as 19 is out of the box it sure is nice that sliders actually do something these days.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »