Home

Unique Schemes

This is a discussion on Unique Schemes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #9
Rookie

JustADashOfDak's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Unique Schemes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
What’s your play calling like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
85 to 90 percent zone, lots of blitzes. Called LB Dogs and OLB Attack (or whatever that play is called) many MLB blitzes, Okie Roll here and there, regular cover 3 here and there with cover 2 mixed in a little. Playbook is very zone blitz heavy.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustADashOfDak
85 to 90 percent zone, lots of blitzes. Called LB Dogs and OLB Attack (or whatever that play is called) many MLB blitzes, Okie Roll here and there, regular cover 3 here and there with cover 2 mixed in a little. Playbook is very zone blitz heavy.

You’re gonna make me experiment. Out the 46?

Old 08-21-2018, 12:08 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
So myself.. I pride myself on scheming. It makes things feel way more worthwhile building a team. With that said.. I’ve been consistently working to build a scheme and I dabbled in it last season on 18 and won some leagues. I ran a pure spread offense last season. 4 wide 98% of the time with air raid concepts and HB draws to keep guys honest. This year I’m taking it a step further. I SUCK running the ball this season so I decided to get rid of it it. So my new offensive scheme is what I call the 5 Man Offense. What’s the 5 Man offense? Simple. 5 Wide All Game. 4 WRs and 1 TE. If I can find HBs that can catch, the personnel will change but we’re still 5 wide. My short passing game is my run game and my QB if mobile can spread em and run with the QB draw with a light box. I’m getting better at it. Obviously you need guys who catch, speed isn’t important but it’s a plus to stretch the field. A lot of 4 verts, screens, Smash and Levels concepts. In fact that’s the backbone of the offense.

Defensively I wanted to do something unique. So I’m 4-4 all game. All the time. But it’s not your regular 4-4. I like to consider mines basically a 4-2-5. 4 DL who can get pressure. 4 LBs. My OLBs tho are converted SS however. The 4-4 doesn’t have A safety. So I decided to convert my SS to OLB.. because I want those guys to match up in the passing game as well. Coverage first.. everything else second. My 2 MLBs are true LBs. They don’t need to be fast because I consider them “phone booth” players. But it’s a plus in case I decide to do other things with them. My CBs ate Zone first.. Man second. It’s only 2 so if they can play man too, you can get really exotic. Finally my FS Is centerfield.

Sorry for the long post. I love scheming. What is something you guys are doing

I love the 4-4! You set it up similar to mine. Having two top notch press corners makes the D lethal! I was tuning that on 18 to build my team, and I don’t think I’ll ever change. If somehow you could put a5-2 with the 4-4 in same playbook, I feel it could be unbeatable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #12
Rookie

JustADashOfDak's Arena

Quote:
You’re gonna make me experiment. Out the 46?

46, 3-4, and 4-4. 46 worked the best I think, but 4-4 was good too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »