Home

CPU Logic - End of 1st Half

This is a discussion on CPU Logic - End of 1st Half within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2018, 01:58 AM   #1
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU Logic - End of 1st Half

On all-pro default, the CPU AI, playcalling, and logic is the best I've ever seen, except...
In several games, in the final 2 minutes of the 1st half, the CPU plays as if time isn't running out and ends the 1st half with all of their timeouts remaining on their opponents side of the field. I've even seen this when theyre in the redzone. I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about a lot (unless Ive missed it).

Anybody else notice this on All Pro default?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 04:14 AM   #2
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU Logic - End of 1st Half

I’ve seen this often myself on all madden. Seen the cpu have horrid logic and situational awareness as relates to both halves actually but it’s much more pronounced in first half in my experience. Example is the cpu letting the clock run out in first half even with timeouts and in field goal range.

I don’t see it every game so I’m not exactly sure why this gets triggered but I do see it enough that it’s noticable. Hopefully this will be patched.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Yes...whoever is responsible for clock management at EA needs to take a refresher course or put in some serious OT. It seems a hair better this year but there are still times when the CPU will completely ignore timeouts or select plays that are totally crazy for the given situation within the last 2 minutes.

It is a glaring hole in logic and they need someone who knows what they are doing to correct it. It is just not that complicated for God's sake...

C
Old 08-21-2018, 08:18 AM   #4
MVP

I have witnessed abysmal CPU clock management at the end of the 1st half. For instance, the Lions were driving on me with all 3 timeouts. The score was very close and @ my 35 yard line with 18 seconds left, they chose not to take a time out to attempt another play or try a FG. At the end of the game, the CPU handles clock management relatively well.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:33 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

The CPU clock management in EA Football games since FOREVER has been poor, and to me has been an indicator that it never has really been a priority. I understand that clock management (and other football decisions) can be very complex.

But I do often wonder that if back in 1993, if EA had started with a little database of scenarios for when to call time out (or go for it on 4th down..or whatever). And then built upon that in 1994, and then a little more in 1995.....and then every year....By now we would have a pretty in depth CPU strategy base.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2018, 12:54 PM   #6
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
On all-pro default, the CPU AI, playcalling, and logic is the best I've ever seen, except...
In several games, in the final 2 minutes of the 1st half, the CPU plays as if time isn't running out and ends the 1st half with all of their timeouts remaining on their opponents side of the field. I've even seen this when theyre in the redzone. I'm surprised this hasn't been talked about a lot (unless Ive missed it).

Anybody else notice this on All Pro default?

So what you're saying is that the CPU basically acts like the scared Jags in the playoffs?

For real though that's an annoying issue. You should add it to the bug thread as well.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:18 PM   #7
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
So what you're saying is that the CPU basically acts like the scared Jags in the playoffs?

For real though that's an annoying issue. You should add it to the bug thread as well.
I'd add it but its too broad of an issue (You would think Tiburon is aware). Its not something I can take a pic or vid of either.

Worse than the Jags, The CPU is acting like theyre not aware of whats going on in the game smh!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »