Home

Longshot disappointment

This is a discussion on Longshot disappointment within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 09:19 PM   #17
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Longshot disappointment

I wish it would be more devoted to the user, not a story. I haven't opened it. I would much prefer something more true RPG. I create my player, I pick my name and maybe 3-5 play styles to pick from. I then make decision from high school, college to NFL. Literally like an extension of what Road to Glory in NCAA was, but with more off-field stuff. Low on the depth chart? Transfer, choose whether to a community college, FCS, or lose a year. Leave early for the draft, or stay? Participate in the combine, or not? Do the suggested coach workouts, or something else like film study? Have pros and cons to each decision. All that jazz.

As long as this mode is with a predetermined character and predetermined path, I have no interest.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-23-2018, 09:31 PM   #18
Pro

I refuse to acknowledge its existence. Which means EA will keep trying to force it on me. As I said many times, if this were an app, it would be fine. I’d play it while I’m in line at the grocery store or on my lunch break. But to sit at my tv and play this!?! Not happening.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #19
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

What’s weird is I love the journey and the one. I was extremely disappointed EA went unknown sister route after the Journey did the same thing better. Longshot didn’t click for me last year. This year was ehhh but very forgettable. It has to get to full offense with real situations that can branch.
Old 08-23-2018, 10:33 PM   #20
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

I just miss being able to fail like last year and having different choices to make.

So many times I went into a huddle after a coach relayed a play call being excited to have to remember it only for Wade to make his own decision to go away from the play call etc. I miss feeling like my choices made a difference.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #21
Banned

I'm sure it could have been better but as far as I am concerned we don't really need them wasting time on it at all.

I played through it, and I liked it, but I still think it's a waste of resources that could go into other areas of the game.

The main reason they did it at all was for MUT as the rewards are all geared towards that mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »