Home

Poor offensive line play

This is a discussion on Poor offensive line play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2018, 09:50 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Poor offensive line play

The pass blocking is just pitiful. Numbers should matter. If I have 7 blocking and only 3 or 4 are rushing I should have all day to pass. But this game has 1 guy block shed through 3 players within 3 seconds. Or just not block altogether. It's just really pitiful that you can't scheme around weaknesses. If you have a good OL in this game, you still experience a lot of BS, but if your team has a really low rated OL. OMG man there's basically nothing you can do to mitigate the nonesense. The HB screens are messed up because one some of them the HB bumps into his own players and while he's in this animation he's not available as a WR. So that reduces you to running cross screens, which are only about 1 or two in the entire damn game. To make it more of an issue, most users can play over the top and stop screens like nothing because there's nothing else that draws their attention on those plays.

The WR screens are a waste of time because users will just call contains and this takes them away completely. And even when users don't call contains, they\ plays are just executed poorly. From bad passes that cause your WR to take forever to gather himself to guys just letting the ball hit them right in the facemask and not catching the ball.

The reason this is so frustrating is because when you have a bad OL, these are some things you can do to keep defenses from smothering you. But they design the game so people can sit in one freaking coverage the entire time and take away just about everything because the stuff that you could use to get them out of it is executed so poorly it's a waste of damn time to call it.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:21 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKriegsmarine
Pulling Guards would be a lot less problematic if the Center blocked his guy instead of having a seizure after the snap.
LOL, agreed!
Old 08-28-2018, 08:16 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 1

as an offline coach cfm player, i dont infect the results with my interaction

the edge rushers get to the rb before they have hit the los even after the patch, they dont do this when my team is passing, the DL know when its a run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2018, 08:56 AM   #36
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

Wow! I've been experiencing the exact opposite of what the OP says.
Most of the time the pocket forms, if it doesn't I get behind my linemen.
Actually I've started to think that I have much more than enough time to pass the ball.

Guys complained about the difficulty of running game, and they nerfed it with the patch. Now all you have to do is hit the turbo through the hole. Insta 5+ yard gain.No skill required whatsoever

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if they dumbed down the passing.I got used to it.

Last edited by zizoux; 08-28-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 0

You’re not the only one seeing this. We had a good sized thread going about this a couple weeks ago. Blocking schemes are horrendously inaccurate.

The best thing you can do to alleviate this a bit is go into practice mode and run certain plays over and over ID’ing different players to see how the blocking changes. I’ve figured out with a few types of plays how to make the blocking accurate just by changing the ID Mike to certain players.
Old 08-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
I haven't had any issues in All Madden. I run for around 100 a game throw for high 200 to low 300. Biggest things are using slide protection, making sure you have enough blockers in, stepping into the pocket and ID'ing the free blitzer.

Just because the numbers reflect realism, doesn’t mean they are being achieved in a realistic manner. Blocking schemes are definitely implemented poorly. There’s a lot of randomness that goes into who they decide to block.

I’ve set it up where I ran the same play over and over against the same defense. Linemen went to different people with pretty much every single play.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:10 AM   #39
MVP

Datninja619's Arena

I've had this stupid animation where the center hikes the ball..... And continues to be in the hiking ball animation.

I saved it using NVIDIA, so I'll trim it and post for proof.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #40
MVP

My comments are based on playing All Pro, with all user defensive sliders set at 30 to wake up the CPU offense, with all else default.

I have witnessed several instances whereas offensive lineman do not block their assignments in pass protection. As for run blocking, I've found it to be surprising good. I am not seeing an "insta-shed problem", although I do get blown up at times when the CPU successfully executes a blitz.

The pass protection issue can be significantly minimized by sliding, pinching and using your backs to help block. Coming from my last game being Madden 17, using the ID the Mike to block the free rusher is essential and when that is properly done, the rest of the line actually follows suit.

Blitz pick up protection was my biggest struggle in this game. However, after implementing the above, I'm faring much better. I run a timing-based offense so I usually let the ball go very quickly, while throwing from the pocket.

So basically, while I believe there are some issues with center and guards double-team blocking and allowing a free LB to get quick pressure, if you use the tools you have, it's not gamebreaking in my humble opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »