Home

What New Strategies Are You Using in Madden NFL 19?

This is a discussion on What New Strategies Are You Using in Madden NFL 19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2018, 03:07 PM   #9
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What New Strategies Are You Using in Madden NFL 19?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
So it is pretty awesome this cycle. Really diving into real football strategy with using my entire playbook.

I think the most important aspect I am employing is my sequence of play calling, the scripting of drives depending on field position, score and time left. I love that you need to really recognize coverage's better vs the CPU. It is vastly improved from previous versions of Madden. The CPU also is actually adapting to your play calling on both sides of the ball. Something I have been waiting for....for like forever.

Making your progression reads quickly is critical this year. You really don't have enough time to just sit back and read a novel. Blocking audibles, ID' the Mike and hot routes are vital to success this year. Using your safety valve is also huge. Dump offs are more frequent on Madden 19 (and I am very cool with that). Stepping up in the pocket, using your feet and also taking a sack are better than throwing an ill advised pass into a tight window. The secondary play is far better. Post patch I am having the best Madden experience I have ever had on the console.

The running game is a thing of beauty. Highly rewarding and far more realistic. Gone are the days of ice skating running backs you can cut on a dime. Momentum is real. The difference between a big back and scat back is crystal clear. RPM has been a huge game changer. Seeing the hole is crucial. Also knowing when it is simply not there is critical. Don't try and bounce out side....swallow your pride and just slam it into the line if the defense has your play snuffed out....better to gain a yard or 2 than lose 4-5.

Screens are far more strategic now than every before. The CPU will snuff them out in obvious situations. I am having success when I catch the defense by surprise.

The deep ball is highly earned and highly rewarding. Gone are the days of just chucking it up with high success rates. If you see that one on one matchup you like......audible or hot route that WR and go for it. You get maybe 1-2 shots a game.

With the new schemes and archetypes I have house ruled not to change it to manipulate the system. I am now drafting and signing free agents with scheme and archetypes as the primary driver first so I can maximize XP and development.

Really happy with Madden 19 in comparison with the last two efforts (17 and 18). It is actually night and day.

Perhaps the best review for the game I've heard so far. I agree with all points here. I haven't bought a Madden game early in the season in years, and this was a day one purchase for me. Most fun I've had with a Madden game in the longest time.
And I love the way CPUvsCPU works in this game too. I love doing a franchise that's just coach mode/CPUvsCPU so my team building really sticks out, and not just my skills in the game. And this year has been one of the best I can remember.
Old 08-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamhat1915

And I love the way CPUvsCPU works in this game too. I love doing a franchise that's just coach mode/CPUvsCPU so my team building really sticks out, and not just my skills in the game. And this year has been one of the best I can remember.

I play the same way. Mostly coach mode of late as the HC only. Awesome experience with 19 so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-24-2018, 03:26 PM   #11
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I play the same way. Mostly coach mode of late as the HC only. Awesome experience with 19 so far.

Been one of the best experiences I've been having with a Madden game. The closest I feel we've gotten to Head Coach in the longest time. My only gripe still is the lack of QB running. Haven't really been able to find a fix for that, so I'm just making do without it with the sliders I'm using. It's good enough without that to make it bearable.
I truly love coach mode/CPUvsCPU. Feels like the proper way to play to me where the ratings truly matter more. And it's fun to watch them play and see what the team you've built can really do.
The schemes and archetype system is also a really good addition to the game I think. Especially if you focus on building your team to them. I find myself more willing to sign more so-called "depth" players and the like to fill out my team and fit my scheme instead of just getting the best players or only building up those skills to make them good but keep them low overall and "cheese" the system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2018, 04:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamhat1915

The schemes and archetype system is also a really good addition to the game I think. Especially if you focus on building your team to them. I find myself more willing to sign more so-called "depth" players and the like to fill out my team and fit my scheme instead of just getting the best players or only building up those skills to make them good but keep them low overall and "cheese" the system.
Yes indeed. That was a huge addition to the game for sure.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:18 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19
despite all the options and tasks given to make the game* feel more startegic its still the same old madden **
you can make constructing a team* as difficult as you want, but its still Madden.*

after 5/6 game you will realize on the field its the same old madden.*

it takes great discipline to play the game the way the developers intended for it to* be played.* or you can stick to the same old formula from years past, cause mist likely they still will work.*

Madden 19 is still a good game of football though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »