Home

Why is my QB fumbling so much

This is a discussion on Why is my QB fumbling so much within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2018, 08:23 PM   #33
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why is my QB fumbling so much

Another way to slide is to double tap square (on PS4) or X (Xbox) when running. Quick double tap will make him slide.

For QB's, covering the ball is more important than with other position players. This is done with R1 (PS) or right bumper (Xbox). Using the right stick and pushing forward (trucking), is NOT covering the ball, despite the fact it looks like your player is doing so. I would not recommend it anyway, just slide. Even a mobile QB knows when to get down or get out of bounds, they don't take hits.

Note: if you try to solve this by adjusting the fumble slider, do NOT turn it down. This was mentioned in the Q&A thread I believe. Turning it down, at least per the main menu settings description, increases fumbles. So turning it from 50 to 30 will actually result in MORE fumbled.

I completed my first regular season with Dallas. 12 games were All-pro, 4 All-madden, with some various sliders and experimenting. Dak Prescott fumbled 6 total times in the season. Two were on scrambles, 2 on sacks, 2 on trying to force passes while a sack was bearing down. So they really don't fumble much more, just know how to use a QB.

-Slide or get out of bounds. Don't go crazy with spin, juke, etc. Even the most mobile QB's know, you don't get hit, you get down/out. It's ok sometimes, but even Vick knew when to give up on a play. Even if this means sacrificing a first down and punting, that's football.

-Don't force last second passes, just absorb the sack. Sometimes, you can't get the ball out. Trying to can result in a turnover, and does on Sundays. Again, that's football. Live to play another down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stihl
QB’s shouldn’t fumble 5+ time in some games. Baker Mayfield had 30+ fumbles in my first CFM season, that was on about 45 rushing attempts. The CPU QB’s weren’t effected by this, it’s not a slider or statistic issue, it’s some sort of bug. Turn your QB carrying up to 99, he will still fumble constantly. There is no way to get season QB goals of 500 yds. With this. Yes QB’s should fumble and shouldn’t run 15+ times a game, but when you are trying to run sim style settings, this isn’t working at intended.
those 30+ fumbles were ONLY on the 45 rushing attempts, or total including his drop backs etc? Protecting the ball, as a user, is key.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-28-2018, 09:52 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03
Its crazy i have his ball carrying at 99 yet everytime i scramble or get sacked he fumbles.

Is there a way i can turn this off? Its unrealisic

Maybe increase the QBs Trucking to 99 :-)
Old 08-29-2018, 12:29 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

You can also slide with your QB by tapping X on XBox/ Square on PS in the open field if you have nothing else pressed. You don’t have to combine the triggers to give yourself up if you don’t want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Football-The Ohio State University, Illinois
C-Basketball-Duke
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 12:31 AM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Another way to slide is to double tap square (on PS4) or X (Xbox) when running. Quick double tap will make him slide.

For QB's, covering the ball is more important than with other position players. This is done with R1 (PS) or right bumper (Xbox). Using the right stick and pushing forward (trucking), is NOT covering the ball, despite the fact it looks like your player is doing so. I would not recommend it anyway, just slide. Even a mobile QB knows when to get down or get out of bounds, they don't take hits.

Note: if you try to solve this by adjusting the fumble slider, do NOT turn it down. This was mentioned in the Q&A thread I believe. Turning it down, at least per the main menu settings description, increases fumbles. So turning it from 50 to 30 will actually result in MORE fumbled.

I completed my first regular season with Dallas. 12 games were All-pro, 4 All-madden, with some various sliders and experimenting. Dak Prescott fumbled 6 total times in the season. Two were on scrambles, 2 on sacks, 2 on trying to force passes while a sack was bearing down. So they really don't fumble much more, just know how to use a QB.

-Slide or get out of bounds. Don't go crazy with spin, juke, etc. Even the most mobile QB's know, you don't get hit, you get down/out. It's ok sometimes, but even Vick knew when to give up on a play. Even if this means sacrificing a first down and punting, that's football.

-Don't force last second passes, just absorb the sack. Sometimes, you can't get the ball out. Trying to can result in a turnover, and does on Sundays. Again, that's football. Live to play another down.

those 30+ fumbles were ONLY on the 45 rushing attempts, or total including his drop backs etc? Protecting the ball, as a user, is key.

No need to double tap, one tap will get it done.

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Basketball-Duke
Old 08-29-2018, 11:40 AM   #37
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lacy
No need to double tap, one tap will get it done.

Interesting, every time I do a single tap he does the forward dive, but maybe that's because at that point I'm usually holding sprint lol

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Interesting, every time I do a single tap he does the forward dive, but maybe that's because at that point I'm usually holding sprint lol

Lol, yeah try it out. If nothing else is held a single tap will suffice.

I will win...
NBA-Bulls, Thunder
NFL-Da Bears, Eagles
MLB-Whitesox
C-Basketball-Duke
Old 10-03-2019, 11:14 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I’m pretty sure it works just fine out the box you may not like the outcome but it works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
99 carry QB should never fumble when running. Ever.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:56 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight_Fan119
99 carry QB should never fumble when running. Ever.
Try dropping down to Rookie difficulty.

Last edited by JayhawkerStL; 10-04-2019 at 12:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »