Home

Years in franchise

This is a discussion on Years in franchise within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Years in franchise

How many years you go into your franchise? I find myself really enjoying having to fill spots as the years go on. I just wish I could change my role from owner to coach
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
MVP

saintrules's Arena

Re: Years in franchise

I usually go from 5-15 years. I find under five years the results are usually predetermined as the strong teams at the moment maintain their strength for a bit. It's not till year six that the AI's moves from the previous five years really comes into play. Also, no matter if you're rebuilding, coasting, or a dynasty, the five year mark usually starts a new path.

Beyond 15 gets kinda weird, especially when you see Dak Prescott has played for six different franchises across that time period. Not to start another complainy thread, but you get my point.

The most fun I've had in Madden is usually around year 6 or 7 when all the work I did in year 1-5 really comes into play. I love watching guys I drafted in 2018/2019 develop into stud muffins and become the face of the league, it's so satisfying. On the flip, I also love when I decide to forgo resigning someone, draft a guy or pickup a FA, and they bust/get injured.

Last edited by saintrules; 08-27-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #3
Rookie

I have really ripped thru seasons with Philly, in year 4 but may begin from scratch.since I’m sure there’s decent draft classes out now and such. It would be very strange to see Dak like that 😂😂
Old 08-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #4
MVP

I get somewhere around year 20. Sim most games now. Currently in year 4 of my steeler franchise. Ju ju is the bomb now. Started young so could challenge rice if i get that far. Once i hit about year 20 8 can't keep interest as i know i will not be able to see my draftees play out their career.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:04 PM   #5
MVP

BaselineBakes's Arena

OVR: 6
Years in franchise

For me the further along I get, the more invested I become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 11:48 PM   #6
Rookie

JagdReaper's Arena

Longest i went that i can remember was on Madden 17 for 8 1/2 seasons as the Browns (later the London Black Knights). But my usual is between 2 to 4 years.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:24 AM   #7
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

I like to re-build bad teams, and then generally once I win a Super Bowl, I start a new one. For some reason the urge to continue playing with the same team goes away once I win a SB, but I may be alone on that.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #8
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Last year I played quite a few years in to my franchise with the Lions, I think it was like 9 or 10 years. Once it got to the point where the league was mostly generated players I lost interest. Now with custom draft classes I feel like I may be able to play even further on in a CFM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »