Home

User pass blocking

This is a discussion on User pass blocking within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2018, 04:37 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
User pass blocking

When I first started playing weeks ago, I seemed to get sacked around 2 to 3 times per game. I play on all pro with user pass block at 50.

I don't know if there was a change with the patch, but now I get sacked about double that amount.

In my franchise, my QB was always in the middle of the pack in sacks. Now, without any change in play style, I was sacked over 25 times more than any other QB this year.

Anyone seeing this, or is it just me.

Last edited by MrGDubbs; 08-27-2018 at 06:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 09:25 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: User pass blocking

There are a lot of variables here, aside from your linemen pass block ratings. What type of pass plays are you running? If you’re running a larger portion of five step drop passing plays, you will be at risk for more sacks. Real NFL teams don’t chuck it down the field every play/series. If you’re breaking contain rather than moving around in the pocket, you will be taking more sacks. If you’re identifying the Mike incorrectly, or the blitzing defender incorrectly, the defense will get very quick pressure.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:29 AM   #3
Rookie

Are you playing in simulation or competitive mode? I’ve experienced more sacks as a user playing in sim mode vs competitive.

On Competitive I will have games where I take a ton of sacks - usually from teams that have a better Dline than my Oline.

Agree with a lot of what the previous poster said as well
Old 08-27-2018, 09:59 AM   #4
Rookie

rallew's Arena

OVR: 2

Maybe there is something to it. I play on All-Madden, and I thought that there was a fine balance between user and cpu sacks. After the patch I have seen a massive increase in CPU sacks too. Mostly they are coming from the right side of my formation where the RT just lets the end blow right by him when I watch the replay. It’s not because they are sending massive blitzes or anything all the time, just simple sacks from cover 3 og something. My QB can hardly get his feet set before his pulling himself up from the ground.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:37 AM   #5
Rookie

It honestly has nothing to do with my how long I'm holding the ball, or how far I'm dropping back.

I appreciate the advice, but sometimes I think there's some apologetics that go on when there's a real problem with the game. Then people will make u think the problem is with you.

Since the patch, I get sacked 6 times a game when that wasn't happening before. I've tried getting rid of the ball as quickly as possible, while staying in the pocket, and it makes no difference.

Most plays go smoothly, but then there's too many plays where one of my guys gets beat immediately. Blitzer will sometimes be completely ignored.

I'm certain something changed in the game, because I was getting completely realistic sack stats (on both sides) a week ago.

Also, I'm playing in Sim mode. Should I try Competitive?

Last edited by MrGDubbs; 08-28-2018 at 06:41 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »