Home

Over the top Franchise player regression

This is a discussion on Over the top Franchise player regression within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Over the top Franchise player regression

So after finally getting going with a franchise with the perfect sliders and acceptable gameplay I get to the end of the first season and discover the regression. It’s an absolute bloodbath... every. single. player. Aged 29 and above got massacred. The highlights being despite all these players having great seasons

Antonio Brown - 40 attribute points
Gronk - 60
Julio - 40
Brady - 40

Had to turn the game off, couldn’t possibly face going through and editing all the relevant players who did not deserve semi retirement.

Is there any way to turn down regression!? This is an absolute franchise killer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #2
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Over the top Franchise player regression

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal7_11
So after finally getting going with a franchise with the perfect sliders and acceptable gameplay I get to the end of the first season and discover the regression. It’s an absolute bloodbath... every. single. player. Aged 29 and above got massacred. The highlights being despite all these players having great seasons

Gronk - 60
Julio - 40
Brady - 40

Had to turn the game off, couldn’t possibly face going through and editing all the relevant players who did not deserve semi retirement.

Is there any way to turn down regression!? This is an absolute franchise killer.
I'm kinda confused what you mean by this when you're talking about attribute points. Is this how many points you have to spend on them? Or is that how much their overalls dropped? I'm confused, honestly. I thought you could only assign attribute points?

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-23-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I'm kinda confused what you mean by this when you're talking about attribute points. Is this how many points you have to spend on them? Or is that how much their overalls dropped? I'm confused, honestly. I thought you could only assign attribute points?
That’s how many individual attributes points were lowered on those players
Old 08-23-2018, 07:32 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
That’s how many individual attributes points were lowered on those players
How much did their overall ratings drop? That does seem excessive...are you using any XP sliders? I don't know if that makes a difference.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-23-2018, 07:35 PM   #5
Rookie

Of the top of my head Brown went down to 94, Julio 92, Gronk 92, Brady 91. Using the XP sliders in Tdawgs thread. Yeah it’s an insane amount, not a chance these players (maybe Brady) just drop off a cliff next season IRL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #6
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Of the top of my head Brown went down to 94, Julio 92, Gronk 92, Brady 91. Using the XP sliders in Tdawgs thread. Yeah it’s an insane amount, not a chance these players (maybe Brady) just drop off a cliff when they get to age 29
Where were they losing these points? I mean, they're still in the 90's at least

How were some of the guys who were say, in the low 90's-80's already? I'd imagine it requires some insane stats to maintain a 99 overall, but I'm curious about the more "average" players, if you will.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-23-2018, 09:23 PM   #7
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

Quote:

Gronk - 60

Julio - 40

Brady - 40

I can’t tell what mode you’re playing. Sim. Competitive? Are you playing all games? Xp sliders? Coach mode?

What were the stats? Did anyone reach their season or team goals?

What’s an attribute point and if it’s for individual ratings which ones? How much progression took place during the season and what is the net points lost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Old 08-23-2018, 11:26 PM   #8
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

All my players regress by 7-8 overall around age 30 or 31. Way too much! Especially when they come off an mvp caliber season and/or career season. Von Miller regressed 7 ovr after having 21 sacks...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »