Home

weird interception behavior

This is a discussion on weird interception behavior within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 05:33 PM   #9
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: weird interception behavior

Playing All-Pro default sliders in CFM this afternoon i played 2 games and picked off the CPU 10 times. I user-ed all of them, but that seemed like a lot to me. I didn't notice that i was throwing more than normal though. Maybe 2 or 3 between the two games.
Old 08-29-2018, 06:18 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
in the last 2 play now games Ive played Ive thrown 15 interceptions. 8 with MAtt Ryan, and 7 with Prescott. that total happened in the 1st quarter of both games. I just had to quit after seeing the number of interceptions.

and it would be 7 interceptions in like 7 throws, 8 interceptions in 8 throws. a few may have been bad passes but alot of them were the variety of the receiver tipping the ball or getting hit and the ball pops up in the air two get picked off

on one interception the player was hit was going down with two players around him with the ball bouncing off all three players only for another defender to come in and sweep the ball up for an int.

any one experience this sudden increase of interceptions. this is pro level also..

just seems strange to me

Ive been playing online with Rivers & Brees & I throw about 2-3 picks a game , good passes but players morph into perfect position half the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 06:48 PM   #11
Rookie

I thought M18 was worse for tipped pass interceptions. It felt like most tips were picked off.

M19 seemed to tone it down. As others have said you are probably throwing into traffic. A tipped ball is indicative of that as it means your WR was hit while trying to make the catch or a defender was close enough to deflect it. Defenders make a nice burst on the ball this year. I’d suggest learning to lead pass (throw the receiver open) - it’s really helped me to avoid interceptions.

I wouldn’t discount your theory that it’s a glitch based on the camera view- but I don’t use that view so I can’t confirm.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 07:26 AM   #12
Rookie

KevO21's Arena

But defenders are also teleporting and making weird moves. Last time i had the most frustrating thing happened to me. The AI punted and instead of cachting the ball the returner was just watching the sky. The ball then landed on his right shoulder and bounced into the arms of the other team. So 1st down AI.
NHL - New York Rangers
MLB - Oakland A's
Old 08-30-2018, 10:13 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevO21
But defenders are also teleporting and making weird moves. Last time i had the most frustrating thing happened to me. The AI punted and instead of cachting the ball the returner was just watching the sky. The ball then landed on his right shoulder and bounced into the arms of the other team. So 1st down AI.
That punt behavior has happened for years with the wind-affected (10-15 yard) sky punts as well.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:05 PM   #14
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Honestly man I wouldn't use the camera angle. There is no way to really tell spacing between receivers and dbacks. If your still having issues you probably need to work on your passing game.

Since the patch essentially ruined passing coverage I maybe throw theee incompletions all game much less an interception.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »