Home

Cap after 2026 stays stagnent.

This is a discussion on Cap after 2026 stays stagnent. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cap after 2026 stays stagnent.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...madden_19_cfm/

After 2026, the cap just stays at 208 M forever. smh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 07:28 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Cap after 2026 stays stagnent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeteegardner
https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...madden_19_cfm/

After 2026, the cap just stays at 208 M forever. smh.

Wow. How is it only at 208 in 2026? It's been rising by an average of 10mill per season the last few years and it is 177 now. Hopefully next year we get a real progressive injury system and a complete rework of the salary system that is in place.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:56 PM   #3
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Wow. How is it only at 208 in 2026? It's been rising by an average of 10mill per season the last few years and it is 177 now. Hopefully next year we get a real progressive injury system and a complete rework of the salary system that is in place.
I don't get why they don't show us the salary cap and allow us to set it. All you have to do in the settings when you load up Franchise is add two more options.

Salary Cap: ON or OFF

Salary Cap Number: Choose the starting Salary Cap, defaulted at whatever the league actual Cap Number is.

Salary Cap Yearly Increase: + 10M. This allows you to choose how much the cap increases every offseason.
Old 08-29-2018, 08:05 PM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
I don't get why they don't show us the salary cap and allow us to set it. All you have to do in the settings when you load up Franchise is add two more options.

Salary Cap: ON or OFF

Salary Cap Number: Choose the starting Salary Cap, defaulted at whatever the league actual Cap Number is.

Salary Cap Yearly Increase: + 10M. This allows you to choose how much the cap increases every offseason.
That would be absolutely ideal.

One thing to consider, however, is that this isn't real life.

In real life, players keep pushing the envelope and getting paid more and more. For example, since Cousins got the 27m a year guaranteed, Rodgers got even more. OBJ got his deal, well AB will likely get more. Mack and Donald are both holding out, likely seeing who gets what first and them wanting more. It's a cycle.

In madden, however, it doesn't work like that. Just because I give Ezekiel Elliott 20+, doesn't mean Bell will ask for the same. Salaries, at least from my experience in madden, stay relatively stagnant. The increase in cap just allows you to sign more talent, or resign guys you already have. At least that is my experience. I could be wrong.

Also, if we keep letting the cap go up, the other prices need to as well. I can't have the cap at 250m after 10 years but keep ticket prices the same, my profits would plummet as an owner.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #5
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

i just turn the cap off and run all 32 teams
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 09:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

I thought folks here were saying they can't give a player more than 20 million a year, so perhaps the cap of the cap is because the salaries will never increase in the game as they would in real life?
Old 08-29-2018, 10:48 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
I thought folks here were saying they can't give a player more than 20 million a year, so perhaps the cap of the cap is because the salaries will never increase in the game as they would in real life?
You can give $40m a year technically. You can give a Max of $20m salary and $20m bonus which needs to be relabeled guaranteed money.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:16 PM   #8
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
You can give $40m a year technically. You can give a Max of $20m salary and $20m bonus which needs to be relabeled guaranteed money.

Yeah but I think what he’s saying is since there’s a top out on contracts, the cap doesn’t need to keep rising

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »