Home

17,18 or 19

This is a discussion on 17,18 or 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2018, 08:51 PM   #41
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Wink Re: 17,18 or 19

With respect for everyone's opinions the CPU qb AI in general and particularly lack of scrambling awareness must not bother those who love '17.This was a problem for the entirety of 17 and into a winter patch for 18.

I quit playing 17 when Cam Newton got to the line of scrimmage with about 20 yards in front of him and decided to heave the ball like a Hail Mary.Other times the qb would run awkwardly to the sideline before taking off.

It was probably more startling to see if you played 16 alot up until the release of 17 just how badly qb behavior got screwed up.

There were some good things about 17 but this was very difficult to get past.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 08:59 PM   #42
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 17,18 or 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
With respect for everyone's opinions the CPU qb AI in general and particularly lack of scrambling awareness must not bother those who love '17.This was a problem for the entirety of 17 and into a winter patch for 18.

I quit playing 17 when Cam Newton got to the line of scrimmage with about 20 yards in front of him and decided to heave the ball like a Hail Mary.Other times the qb would run awkwardly to the sideline before taking off.

It was probably more startling to see if you played 16 alot up until the release of 17 just how badly qb behavior got screwed up.

There were some good things about 17 but this was very difficult to get past.

I forgot how bad that was. I just remember user running being a cakewalk, so the challenge of 19 was awesome to me lol.

To be fair, in 19 the QB still rarely takes off. Newton did only once or twice on me, despite several opportunities. They’re more likely to hang on to it and take a sack than run or throw it away.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-05-2018, 09:28 AM   #43
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Depends when you plan on getting the game M18 wasn't good for me last year until like November and a few patches. M19 will hopefully be the same way.

Despite what has been said here, I disagree completely that sliders can fix some of the issues this game has, #1 being no AI running game. Some people will say play 1 defender in this camera mode and don't switch to get a passable AI run game, umm what? I'm not jumping through hoops to get super star running backs to rush for maybe 40 yards a game.

Bottom line as with every Madden in the past, it comes down to what you can tolerate. I can sleep walk though game against the AI because they can't run and can't block pressure. So sure i could not send guys on every play and get a more competitive game but I'd rather EA fix the game then me giving the AI a chance by calling bad defensive plays.

Said it previously, this game was fantastic in the beta, I'm not sure what happened in just a little over a month.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

19 of course, it's the best playing with the new animation system, it's the most realistic in how it plays and by far most impressive visually with the new lighting system.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-05-2018, 09:31 AM   #45
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Madden 09 for Ps3/360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Sticking with 18. For me, I just play the weekly matchups - I'm not into the franchise mode stuff. To just pick-up-and-play, 18 is solid for my tastes (with some slider tweaks from guys here that did a good job with them). I don't care about all the visuals or frills (shoot, I still play with my OLD ORIGINAL XBOX). There are enough classic files on 18 for my enjoyment, as well as guys who have done a great job updating the current rosters.

19 is going back on Friday for a trade for Spiderman. Yes, I paid a good amount to get the game. That's not a problem for me in the adult world I live. What I love about GameStop is they give you credit for this stuff - I can't take back a used tooth brush to Wal-Mart for anything toward my groceries...
Old 09-05-2018, 10:54 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Sticking with 18. For me, I just play the weekly matchups - I'm not into the franchise mode stuff. To just pick-up-and-play, 18 is solid for my tastes (with some slider tweaks from guys here that did a good job with them). I don't care about all the visuals or frills (shoot, I still play with my OLD ORIGINAL XBOX). There are enough classic files on 18 for my enjoyment, as well as guys who have done a great job updating the current rosters.

19 is going back on Friday for a trade for Spiderman. Yes, I paid a good amount to get the game. That's not a problem for me in the adult world I live. What I love about GameStop is they give you credit for this stuff - I can't take back a used tooth brush to Wal-Mart for anything toward my groceries...
You'd get much more for Madden 19 by selling on Craisglist or Ebay than doing a trade-in anywhere. It's still a pretty new game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-05-2018, 11:16 AM   #48
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
19 of course, it's the best playing with the new animation system, it's the most realistic in how it plays and by far most impressive visually with the new lighting system.

Sometimes I think EA issued two different M19 games to the public...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »