Home

17,18 or 19

This is a discussion on 17,18 or 19 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 02:33 PM   #57
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: 17,18 or 19

I received that information from one of the slider threads and JoshC's:

Just as a rule of thumb, for 2017 the NFL average for 5 man blitzes was approx. 26%. Four man rush was the norm, coming in at 66% of the time. Three man rushes accounted for 8% of all calls.

So if every time you are on defense, you dial up a five man blitz on at least one of the three downs you have, you are blitzing approx. 33% of the time, and that is approximately 25% above the NFL norm.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Are you experiencing any issues with the physics that apparently took a big step down from 18

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
No, I read through that thread and I don't have the issues those guys in there seem to have. The game plays fine in that respect to me.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 09-05-2018, 03:36 PM   #59
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I received that information from one of the slider threads and JoshC's:

Just as a rule of thumb, for 2017 the NFL average for 5 man blitzes was approx. 26%. Four man rush was the norm, coming in at 66% of the time. Three man rushes accounted for 8% of all calls.

So if every time you are on defense, you dial up a five man blitz on at least one of the three downs you have, you are blitzing approx. 33% of the time, and that is approximately 25% above the NFL norm.
You could be correct on the percentages, I can log into my PFF account at home and check it but now we're straying off topic. FWIW I use coach suggestions to try and make sure I don't abuse plays, even though they seem to call the same 8-10 plays every time.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:08 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

16! Yes,the one handed down field catches did occur with a little too much regularity but,with a great set of sliders that I got from posters here,I had challenging and fun games with realistic scores(both high scoring and defensive)and stats.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:17 PM   #61
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

2017 for me.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 09-06-2018 at 09:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

It'll be funny in 2027 when people wax nostalgic about how great Madden 19' was and how they still play it with sliders because the new Madden 28' is "just terrible".

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 09-07-2018, 11:31 AM   #63
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It'll be funny in 2027 when people wax nostalgic about how great Madden 19' was and how they still play it with sliders because the new Madden 28' is "just terrible".
Happens every release lol. There's always the people saying an older version is better. The funniest one's are when someone says stuff like "I haven't played/don't have 19 but I think XX year is better," and justify it based on what they read here, or "I've played 19 for 2 hours and I can already tell it's not as good as XX." Literally not giving it a chance, or reverting to an older version because it's more comfortable than adjusting to new gameplay things.

One example: someone on the boards posted about 17 being better than 19 the day after they released the HOF version, and two days before the regular retail release. That's not even giving it a chance if they got retail. Assuming they got the HOF version, that's still not even long enough to truly give it a shot.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
Happens every release lol. There's always the people saying an older version is better. The funniest one's are when someone says stuff like "I haven't played/don't have 19 but I think XX year is better," and justify it based on what they read here, or "I've played 19 for 2 hours and I can already tell it's not as good as XX." Literally not giving it a chance, or reverting to an older version because it's more comfortable than adjusting to new gameplay things.

One example: someone on the boards posted about 17 being better than 19 the day after they released the HOF version, and two days before the regular retail release. That's not even giving it a chance if they got retail. Assuming they got the HOF version, that's still not even long enough to truly give it a shot.
You nailed it man, I'd guess about 80% of people who say an older version is superior is because they are COMFORTABLE with it more than anything else...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »