Home

Madden 19 is not better than 18

This is a discussion on Madden 19 is not better than 18 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 02:37 AM   #1
Rookie

daddynab2's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 19 is not better than 18

while i enjoy do madden 19, there’s a bunch of flaws & glitches tht really break the immersion. for example, this game is way more animation based than 18. it’s like we’re taking a step back for gameplay. the physics in this game are lacking compared to 18.

lemme give a recent example ._. if ur player gets into a two man tackle animation, they won’t break out of tht animation if other players try to add to the tackle, they just brush off. & if they do (emphasis on if bc the defense doesn’t swarm to the carrier anymore, they kinda jus watch the tackle animation), it’ll start a new tackle animation, breaking off the original. where’s the fluidity ._.

here’s another example tht rly pisses me off. catching animations only spawn if the ball is in the exact place it needs to be for a catch animation. i’ve had numerous occasions where the ball kinda jus clanks of their shoulder or helmet simply bc i may have touched the sprint button on my ****ing route bc all my life i user catch. ok i get tht it’s not such a good idea to sprint before catching the ball but the ball shouldn’t ****ing clank off julio jones’ shoulder in the super bowl bc of it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 05:54 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 19 is not better than 18

I agree. 18 was a polished game after a couple of patches. 19 has a lack of penalties (kills realism), AM kicking arc disappears (not a feature, Clint admitted it’s a bug), strange player hesitations, overall odd feel. I’ve actually stopped playing until they patch more things. If they do, it can rise to 18 level. If not, it’ll be a bust.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:43 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 1

I like 19 more. But to each their own

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2018, 09:55 AM   #4

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Impressions thread for this.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:09 AM   #5
Rookie

daddynab2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpeercy
I agree. 18 was a polished game after a couple of patches. 19 has a lack of penalties (kills realism), AM kicking arc disappears (not a feature, Clint admitted it’s a bug), strange player hesitations, overall odd feel. I’ve actually stopped playing until they patch more things. If they do, it can rise to 18 level. If not, it’ll be a bust.
oh yeah lemme tell y’all about the bull**** penalties in this game. for years i’ve always used sliders but this year it’s ridiculous. most penalties are randomly spawned just like injuries in the game. i’ve had several plays where i get called for roughing the passer but when i go into the replay nothing even happens. it’s like if ur defender accidentally brushes shoulders with the QB after a throw, it’s a penalty. & this is with roughing the passer only at 51. same goes for holding penalties. sometimes they’re not even holding each other, but since the game has a script to go by, they insist on calling it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddynab2
oh yeah lemme tell y’all about the bull**** penalties in this game. for years i’ve always used sliders but this year it’s ridiculous. most penalties are randomly spawned just like injuries in the game. i’ve had several plays where i get called for roughing the passer but when i go into the replay nothing even happens. it’s like if ur defender accidentally brushes shoulders with the QB after a throw, it’s a penalty. & this is with roughing the passer only at 51. same goes for holding penalties. sometimes they’re not even holding each other, but since the game has a script to go by, they insist on calling it.
To be fair roughing the passer calls in the NFL are kinda horrible sometimes though I agree it feels scripted sometimes in Madden. It definitely sometimes feels scripted in the NFL too

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »