Home

The Miami 4-3 Defense

This is a discussion on The Miami 4-3 Defense within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
The Miami 4-3 Defense

So I been researching heavily on the Miami 4-3 and it says that their promises front was the 4-3 over. Yet in images it looks like a 4-3 stack or normal in Madden. Now my confusion is simple. Madden still doesn’t allow you to have specified strong/weak side players which can alter scheming or render it useless. And the 4-3 over on the game is nothing but the 4-3 under flipped. I guess my question is is it possible that Madden has the fronts wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: The Miami 4-3 Defense

In madden to simulate, you probably should run a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel ( replace the down lb with a speedy DE). It will give you the right people in the right gaps

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
In madden to simulate, you probably should run a 3-4 with 4-3 personnel ( replace the down lb with a speedy DE). It will give you the right people in the right gaps

Which front would you suggest and that begs a question now...would that hurt my players attributes.. like having a pass rushing DE as my end in the 3-4. Wouldn’t that hurt my players skills.. I’m afraid to have an undersized dlinemen in a 3-4

Old 09-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
Rookie

It may hurt their OVR all but it doesn't take away their skill points to do their job. For example de playing olb only hurts if you call a play he is in coverage. If you are true to your scheme then you won't. You will probably need to stay in the 3-4 under section of the playbook probably

Old 09-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSonTL
And the 4-3 over on the game is nothing but the 4-3 under flipped. I guess my question is is it possible that Madden has the fronts wrong?
In Madden, the Miami 4-3 over you are talking about is what the game just calls "4-3 Normal"
Why they have something called a 4-3 Over that is just a reversed 4-3 under, with slightly diff. plays, is beyond me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2018, 11:43 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerpns
In Madden, the Miami 4-3 over you are talking about is what the game just calls "4-3 Normal"

Why they have something called a 4-3 Over that is just a reversed 4-3 under, with slightly diff. plays, is beyond me.

So the 4-3 Miami is the 4-3 Normal? Lol figured EA

Old 09-03-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinite76
It may hurt their OVR all but it doesn't take away their skill points to do their job. For example de playing olb only hurts if you call a play he is in coverage. If you are true to your scheme then you won't. You will probably need to stay in the 3-4 under section of the playbook probably

Also, autoflip has to be turned off or it will put him in coverage a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »