Home

Read option is broken

This is a discussion on Read option is broken within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2018, 09:42 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Read option is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Should show more than just one video. That defender could've simply just been reacting that way. It happens in the nfl. Not saying the option is broken, I dont use it enough to know, but a one clip example doesnt really support much

I've used the read option a hand full of times and haven't seen the CPU react like that at all

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
More evidence for you

https://youtu.be/sujXfpSHEEs
Old 09-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
More evidence for you

Looked pretty good to me
=)

Old 09-04-2018, 04:32 AM   #11
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
More evidence for you

This video doesn't show anything wrong with read options. You hit some nice gains, the keep was there on occasion and the unblocked OLB made some football plays. Really not seeing an issue
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Should show more than just one video. That defender could've simply just been reacting that way. It happens in the nfl. Not saying the option is broken, I dont use it enough to know, but a one clip example doesnt really support much

I've used the read option a hand full of times and haven't seen the CPU react like that at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
This video doesn't show anything wrong with read options. You hit some nice gains, the keep was there on occasion and the unblocked OLB made some football plays. Really not seeing an issue
You guys weren't listening to what I was saying in the video. Nice gains are possible but really only when the read is to hand off to the back. Go watch the video again. The keep by the QB is the part that's broken. In essence its no longer an option play it's an inside hb zone and it kills a whole offensive play style and the value if dual threat qbs
Old 09-04-2018, 07:43 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Looked pretty good to me
=)

I'm wondering if some of you know how the read option is supposed to work in the game...

If you look at the video, how many times was the qb blown up in the backfield? What was the appropriate read vs what actually happened? On the last play I pretty much spelled it out. I don't see how you guys don't get it. The read for qb keep will lead to a tackle for a loss 90% of the time because the DE can cover both the handoff and the keep. The video illustrates this. That's why the option is broken. I'm not saying it's not possible to get good gains l, I'm saying the play doesn't work the way its supposed.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:51 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
I'm wondering if some of you know how the read option is supposed to work in the game...

If you look at the video, how many times was the qb blown up in the backfield? What was the appropriate read vs what actually happened? On the last play I pretty much spelled it out. I don't see how you guys don't get it. The read for qb keep will lead to a tackle for a loss 90% of the time because the DE can cover both the handoff and the keep. The video illustrates this. That's why the option is broken. I'm not saying it's not possible to get good gains l, I'm saying the play doesn't work the way its supposed.
To me, if it was "broken", it wouldnt work at all. Yet alone as many times as it did in the video

Difference of opinions I guess

Old 09-04-2018, 09:23 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
To me, if it was "broken", it wouldnt work at all. Yet alone as many times as it did in the video

Difference of opinions I guess

Broken means it doesn't work properly. It works only halfway. The READ part if the READ OPTION doesn't work. Its not a inside zone. Look at the video and see how many times the qb was hit in the back field despite making the appropriate read. You probably don't really run this play or don't understand the mechanics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #16
Pro

Lol ok

I'm not gonna sit and argue. We have different opinions on it
That's it

Quote:
Broken means it doesn't work properly. It works only halfway. The READ part if the READ OPTION doesn't work. Its not a inside zone. Look at the video and see how many times the qb was hit in the back field despite making the appropriate read. You probably don't really run this play or don't understand the mechanics.

Last edited by Juve; 09-04-2018 at 09:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »