Home

3rd and 4th down inches to one yard to go

This is a discussion on 3rd and 4th down inches to one yard to go within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 3rd and 4th down inches to one yard to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I wish they would set it so your RB could go over the top. How often in short or goal line situations do you see the line cut and allow the RB to dive forward just to get the first.
Left trigger (L2) and Y (triangle) to hurdle.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:31 PM   #34
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
Everybody has to remember that it's pointless to discuss weight or momentum because Madden accounts for none of it and never has... Madden in it's current state will never consistently pass the eyeball test when it comes to the basic physics of two or more human beings running into each each other... unfortunately this is about 90% of football...

Now you want to see that sweet one handed catch or pass swat animation? They got that in the bag... they paid some former State U players beer money to wear those funny leotards with the ping pong balls and jump around... But getting the core basic fundamental interaction of football done correctly? Well, that fork in the road was ignored a long time ago and there is no turning back now. Best you can hope for is decent pass coverage vs receiver mechanics because the trench game, and in turn the running game, is forever borked.
Madden will never be a true simulation. It’s not who they market the game to. You hit it right on the head. Unfortunately with no competition there’s no reason to change. I’ve haven’t played Madden for a couple years and using armor and swords sliders and iMacs rosters and some other minor tweaks I’ve gotten a better experience.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal
Old 09-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #35
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I honestly feel that short yardage has gotten worse since the PS2 era.
I don't think madden was good even back then for short yardage. It was decent for a while during the ps3 era imo for a short while. The have improved the blocking and the new up on the truck stick feature when behind the linemen is great. But like you said defenders can stop the ball carrier in their tracks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 07:43 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I don't think madden was good even back then for short yardage. It was decent for a while during the ps3 era imo for a short while. The have improved the blocking and the new up on the truck stick feature when behind the linemen is great. But like you said defenders can stop the ball carrier in their tracks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
It wasn't any different than today. Those games most definitely had plays which were auto conversions against the AI, even on All Madden. In fact it was easier back then because AI defenders were much, much worse.

Every edition of the game has its meta strategies. I don't see how this can be avoided given that every team uses the same run blocking, coverage, and pass protection rules.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:46 AM   #37
Rookie

I usually get in a spread shotgun formation and run a zone. Works almost every time. As a 60/40 running guy who played OL back in the day, it took me a long time to get over not being able to get the first down using a power goalline formation and shoving it down their throats.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:56 AM   #38
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

8 times out of 10 on 4th and 1, I get the first with a FB run off my best run blocking guard.
Now at the goaline, that's a different story lol.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 10-03-2018 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:30 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's so frustrating that whenever a receiver or runner is going for the end zone I know there's a 90% chance they'll be stopped at the one yard line because of the way the game is rigged on all madden. My HB always leads the league in rushing TDs because of this, mostly on 1 yd runs.

I mostly use SB Ace HB dive, it's not automatic but has around a 60-65% success rate.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:15 AM   #40
Banned

3rd and 4th down inches to one yard to go

I think most people are sick of the cheese! How can the cpu stop you short 95% of the time 4th and 1 or 4th and inches when you are using a backfield with big backs with power. The sad thing it makes you perform a stupid move without your command! The game is horrible!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »