Home

This Will Be My Final Madden Game

This is a discussion on This Will Be My Final Madden Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 05:35 PM   #1
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
This Will Be My Final Madden Game

This is a really hard post for me to make because I'm one of the biggest EA and Madden fanboys out there. I'll criticize the game where it's due, but at the end of the day, I love it and I love football. Both have been a part of my life since I started playing video games at 4 years old. The first actual video game I played was Madden 1998.

Over the course of my inactivity on the forum, I've played Madden 19 quite a lot in my spare time. I've come to a harsh realization: the more I play the game, the more I realize how little effort was put into this game.

We are how many weeks into the game? 5 weeks? Almost a month?

Commentary is not even relevant to the actual gameplay. 5 WEEKS IN. 5 Weeks in and they haven't even touched something that should've been fixed in Beta testing. 5 Weeks in and Jonathan Coachman sounds like an answer machine. "Rookie of the Year....*pause*….Alvin....*pause*...Kamara coming off a big game....*pause*….last...week" It just sounds broken and poorly implemented. Not to mention the fact that commentary is so off kilter to what's going on on the field. Or where there is just this really awkward silence between the previous scene the upcoming kickoff. It's just. Bad.

Gameplay is not much better. I didn't think they could take a step-back from gameplay in Madden 18, but they proved me wrong. Play-action is almost entirely useless because your guys cannot block on roll out PA plays. They will get easily overwhelmed and, you not being able to control your QB on the initial roll out, rolls right into them. Or on a standard PA play where your RB is on an option route and decides to not even try to pick up the free blitzer and just lets him go right by for an easy sack. I haven't even got to the worst part, the animations. Animations are destroying this franchise and the gameplay.

I had a play earlier where Winston threw the ball to Mike Evans, Ken Crawley was in pretty tight, but not great coverage. The ball is a yard behind Evans. His only shot to catch it is to completely turn around and catch it, but his momentum should REALISTICALLY carry him forward or only allow him to try and reach back to knock it down so Crawley can't have a shot at the INT. What happens? Evans literally teleports backwards about two yards. You can see his feet sliding backwards. He catches the ball, Crawley tied to the initial animation of Evans running forward, dives to stop Evans but obviously Evans isn't there because the 2-colliding animations caused Evans to teleport backwards. Evans takes it to the house 75 yards.

Let's talk Tackling now. Have you guys ever seen Greg Olsen get out of having a guy on his back, wrapped around his waist, and wrapped around his legs? Yeah, neither have I.

This game is ridiculously bad. There is no effort or even remote care put into this game.

"Oh just tweak your sliders!"
I've been tweaking my sliders for over 60 hours probably.

This is the last Madden I will buy and I hope many more of you will come to the realization that this game is a hot piece of flaming garbage not even worth $30.

Peace
VG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 06:07 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: This Will Be My Final Madden Game

Yep, I agree with most of that. If I wasn't addicted to it I'd have probably stopped playing years ago. ;-)
Old 09-07-2018, 06:10 PM   #3

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: This Will Be My Final Madden Game

These game impressions can go in the impressions thread. Thanks.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »