Home

Screen Passes

This is a discussion on Screen Passes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 11:08 PM   #17
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Screen Passes

I really like how screens are done this year.

The key is to not run them on 2nd and long and 3rd downs. They aren't automatic anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2018, 12:18 AM   #18
Rookie

Screen passes are horrible. Even cpu screen passes are horrible. This is the worse I've seen in years. Last year after tuning I could run screens smoothly even the CPU would sneak a good call against me. Does EA even read these forums? I mean how can they not see this? Maybe instead of trying to bring new features into the game each year how about you tune up the game engine.

Been playing Madden for years and I really think overall this year is a step backwards. Too many bugs. Gameplay not nearly as smooth as last years game. Hey EA if by chance you're listening Fix the game engine! Or stop charging us 59.99 to 109.99 for this.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:52 AM   #19
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

I play two different franchise leagues both on All-Madden (no slider adjustments) and screens work incredibly realistically for me. If the defense is in a base coverage the tend to blow the play up pretty quickly, if you catch them in a blitz, especially zone blitz, you can get a huge amount of yards. I've very rarely had issues of the RB getting bumped off as he tries to go out for the screen.

WR screens are a bit more predictable and have become a staple part of my offense. I typically run a I formation 21 personnel, frequently with both WRs on one side. Many users will base their defense when they see this, leaving one WR uncovered to help against my running attack (which I'm more known for in the league). A bubble or WR Screen can quickly gash C3 or C1 when they do this. This also works out of 3 or 4 wide sets, but the simple key the defense can't have defenders covering over each receiver.

As a full notice on this, the better user players almost always destroy HB screens and the HB motion screens are terrifying as they can become picks very quickly. To counter this there are a couple of FB screen plays (one out of the pistol where the HB goes in motion) that can devastate an aggressive user, as well as a couple of the TE screen plays.
Old 09-12-2018, 12:58 AM   #20
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elchristo
i havent been able to complete a screen pass since madden 25. The FL Screen used to be one of my money plays but screens have been broken for years
I have no problem with screens in Madden 17.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:46 AM   #21
Rookie

MrDemus's Arena

I have had the same problems with screens. On All Pro though, so I don't know if it will work on All Madden.

I read somewhere, that you should pinch the O line on screen passes.

That has vastly improved my succes rate. I have had screen passes go for more than 20 yards, which is a lot in Madden I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 08:53 AM   #22
Rookie

GameBreaker35's Arena

Since the most recent patch, I’ve been able to throw them with success outside of when the defense in man coverage or underneath shade. I wasn’t able to use them at all before.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2018, 01:14 PM   #23
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

RB Screens are 50/50 for me. Other than blitzes obviously, they seem to work best against zone coverages.

The WR screens rarely work, as the WR coming underneath to catch the ball typically runs 5-10 yards underneath the coverage towards the QB, and doesn't settle before you need to throw to avoid a sack. So you have to stop their momentum after the catch and then turn up field. Usually the play gets blown up too quickly before my WR can turn up field.

However I found one formation containing a WR screen where the WR simply takes a 1-2 yard route underneath the coverage and then settles, and it's a super quick play. I can throw the ball as soon as it's snapped and I get 10 yards everytime against zone coverage. It's in the "Gun Trio Falcon" formation. I'm sure there are more of these around, but this is the only one I've found so far.

Last edited by sccavs64; 09-12-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:27 PM   #24
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

I have not problem on screen pass on all-pro before this last patch, now hb loose the route and get sacked every time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »