Home

Playing Madden 19 OOTB ....

This is a discussion on Playing Madden 19 OOTB .... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 08:07 PM   #9
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Playing Madden 19 OOTB ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by derboehsevincent
Simulation Stats are not gamebraking ffs. You have to play the game to count a bug as gamebreaking. So it's just an annoyance which needs to be fixed but not the big thing everyone is bragging about.

Is there even a Disc Version? I highly doubt this.
Simulation stats are 100% gamebreaking for anyone who plays franchise mode offline by themselves or with a small group, which is a pretty good portion of the community.

Stats are a HUGE part of football. Not to mention, in madden stats effect progression and regression of players, Goals, etc..

So yes, it very much is a gamebreaking issue if they are not at least somewhat realistic.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:08 PM   #10
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

OP....you aren't all in on '17 ootb being the game anymore.?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:32 PM   #11
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
Simulation stats are 100% gamebreaking for anyone who plays franchise mode offline by themselves or with a small group, which is a pretty good portion of the community.

Stats are a HUGE part of football. Not to mention, in madden stats effect progression and regression of players, Goals, etc..

So yes, it very much is a gamebreaking issue if they are not at least somewhat realistic.
Annoying? Sure; QBs not running for yards in simulated games is a hinderance to authenticity. Gamebreaking? Absolutely not.

As far as I can tell, there is exactly one milestone XP goal in Madden 19 related to QB rushing: 500 rush yards in a season. QBs may perform plenty of other non-rushing tasks to gain XP, including but not limited to: any of the QB-targeting weekly training drills (doubly so if the QB is a perfect scheme fit); appearing on the field during the game (downs played); gaining passing yards and touchdowns in games; completing passing-related milestone goals (there are plenty); achieving in-game team goals and dynamic drive goals (even if your QB isn't on the field and the goal doesn't even involve him, such as achieving four team sacks on defense); winning position-related weekly and season awards; and winning the Super Bowl.

The end consequence of this is that QBs who are strong runners and poor passers may have their XP gain slightly stunted in simulated games because their rushing numbers won't accumulate to authentic levels, and thus they won't gain XP they otherwise would have from gaining rushing yards and touchdowns. However, given how M19 is set up, rushing is not going to significantly drive a quarterback's progression anyway. Training with scheme fit, on-field passing performance, and season awards are clearly the dominating factors.

I do hope sim stats are looked at and adjusted for those who care about them, but it's very obviously a minor issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 08:37 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
OP....you aren't all in on '17 ootb being the game anymore.?
Yea, it is. However, a buddy is gonna work together with me to make a 1999 Roster for Madden 19. We got almost 5-teams already completed. I bought disc version for 40$, to ensure sim stats. I am gonna flow with it, as I mostly play the game as a text sim. If m17 looked as good as m18, I would stick with 17.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #13
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

All this talk about stats, no talk about gameplay (in this thread).

Holy hell, the offensive line play is abysmal, even with sliders and on All-Pro. The RB AI is as dumb as it was last year.

Stat adjustment is just the tip of the iceberg for me. This game is far from playable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 PM   #14
Sim or Nothing

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Annoying? Sure; QBs not running for yards in simulated games is a hinderance to authenticity. Gamebreaking? Absolutely not.

As far as I can tell, there is exactly one milestone XP goal in Madden 19 related to QB rushing: 500 rush yards in a season. QBs may perform plenty of other non-rushing tasks to gain XP, including but not limited to: any of the QB-targeting weekly training drills (doubly so if the QB is a perfect scheme fit); appearing on the field during the game (downs played); gaining passing yards and touchdowns in games; completing passing-related milestone goals (there are plenty); achieving in-game team goals and dynamic drive goals (even if your QB isn't on the field and the goal doesn't even involve him, such as achieving four team sacks on defense); winning position-related weekly and season awards; and winning the Super Bowl.

The end consequence of this is that QBs who are strong runners and poor passers may have their XP gain slightly stunted in simulated games because their rushing numbers won't accumulate to authentic levels, and thus they won't gain XP they otherwise would have from gaining rushing yards and touchdowns. However, given how M19 is set up, rushing is not going to significantly drive a quarterback's progression anyway. Training with scheme fit, on-field passing performance, and season awards are clearly the dominating factors.

I do hope sim stats are looked at and adjusted for those who care about them, but it's very obviously a minor issue.
Perhaps in this particular instance, it's impact is negligible. However, the person i replied to simply said "simulation stats", and "simulation stats" most certainly matter.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:25 PM   #15
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
Perhaps in this particular instance, it's impact is negligible. However, the person i replied to simply said "simulation stats", and "simulation stats" most certainly matter.
If you havent noticed, when cmhoe thinks its a certain way, its obviously the right way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 11:47 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
All this talk about stats, no talk about gameplay (in this thread).

Holy hell, the offensive line play is abysmal, even with sliders and on All-Pro. The RB AI is as dumb as it was last year.

Stat adjustment is just the tip of the iceberg for me. This game is far from playable.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I super SIM every game .play very little, except play the moments and to close out games. I only play offense. The game is not serviceable, imo. I focus on stats accumulations and classic rosters. No way would I ever play defense vs cpu offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »