Home

Upgrade WR/TE/HB speed

This is a discussion on Upgrade WR/TE/HB speed within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 07:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Upgrade WR/TE/HB speed

Is there a way to upgrade the speed or no. Bc of the new upgrade you can’t select to upgrade the speed. I don’t like this bc you can’t select what you want, your forced to select something. Should have let that alone!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Upgrade WR/TE/HB speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripp1p
Is there a way to upgrade the speed or no. Bc of the new upgrade you can’t select to upgrade the speed. I don’t like this bc you can’t select what you want, your forced to select something. Should have let that alone!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Its random now. And after the patch yesterday it's even less likely to receive a speed upgrade. If it's an issue for you, you could just edit ratings yourself.

Sent from my LG-AS993 using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2018, 09:19 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

I actually like that. Realistically, it is hard to make a guy faster ("You can't teach speed", as they say). While you can focus training on certain areas, there should be no guarantee a guy actually gets better. I also love we can edit, so if you want something different, you can do it.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 0

I really really like the new upgrade system. I don't know about after patch yet but before patch speed was actually upgraded a lot more than in the old system where it was prohibitively expensive and saving to upgrade it meant a player would not improve in other areas. I like doing upgrades and get excited in anticipation of what they are going to get.

You have to decide if you want to make a guy a one trick pony or develop him in other ways also. I try to get my starters and futurs starters to be good at a second skill, keeping the scheme one point ahead. Is this linebacker going to be a pass rusher and run stopper or pass rusher and coverage? Then i can use a one trick pony in formation subs in formations i use the position to do what he doesn't do well. Also, sometimes when upgrading a secondary role the primary role will go up two points or when you upgrade the primary scheme others go up multiple points. This keeps it unpredictabe and can make getting the player to your team scheme when it is not the highest frustrating in a good way.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:51 AM   #5
Rookie

I actually like the random upgrades, seems more realistic to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 12:15 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbjay82
I actually like the random upgrades, seems more realistic to me.
The next logical step would to have coaches, oc,,dc, position coaches, trainers affect the likelihood of certain attributes being upgraded.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »