Home

Pre Season Cuts

This is a discussion on Pre Season Cuts within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 08:00 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Pre Season Cuts

Has anyone else seen the issue where some big names are getting cut in week 4 of the preseason?

So far I have seen Adrian Peterson, Amir abdullah (sp) Jonathan Hankins, Tavon Austin and so forth getting cut.

Some of these guys are 1st or 2nd string on the depth chart.

I’m using IMac’s rosters, so I’m not sure if it’s because of that or what it is, has anyone else experienced this and they are not using IMac’s rosters?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 08:10 AM   #2
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pre Season Cuts

32 man control, put preseason cuts on manual, go through each team and do it yourself. only way to make it work.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918
Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyo918
32 man control, put preseason cuts on manual, go through each team and do it yourself. only way to make it work.

Ahh ok, pain in the *** but if it works great.

Thanks man

Old 09-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #4
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
Ahh ok, pain in the *** but if it works great.

Thanks man

I spent a solid 2-3 hours setting up my CFM.
I added the correct PS guys (except Madden eligibility is different that NFL, so some guys aren't eligible), I set all the depth charts to accurate opening day. I benched all suspended players, and will bring them back to the depth charts after suspension, LeVeon Bell is chilling on the bench until I feel time for him to come back. I signed Dez to CLE but put him on the bench, if CLE is in playoff contention in my CFM, then I'll add Dez to the chart (if you don't sign him to someone he will disappear in FA), I did the same thing for some key FA keys (Hankins, Kendricks, Jordan Matthews, etc)
Best part is once you have it all set up save is as a master file, and then resave it under your franchise team name. So after your run with one team or you get bored, you can start all over again without having the set it all back up.
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

Old 09-14-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
Has anyone else seen the issue where some big names are getting cut in week 4 of the preseason?

So far I have seen Adrian Peterson, Amir abdullah (sp) Jonathan Hankins, Tavon Austin and so forth getting cut.

Some of these guys are 1st or 2nd string on the depth chart.

I’m using IMac’s rosters, so I’m not sure if it’s because of that or what it is, has anyone else experienced this and they are not using IMac’s rosters?

Cheers

Not that surprising. Tavon Austin hasn't been cut but he will be next year. He has been a bust and did get traded this year and is second strong with Dallas who has a week recieving corps. Abdullah isn't that great either. Always hurt. I get what your saying but it's not that unrealistic. I bet they all are cut next season. Hankins just signed with a team a few days ago.

So yeah, its not exactly real to today but its not far fetched IMO.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 09-14-2018 at 12:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 04:13 PM   #6
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyo918
I spent a solid 2-3 hours setting up my CFM.
I added the correct PS guys (except Madden eligibility is different that NFL, so some guys aren't eligible), I set all the depth charts to accurate opening day. I benched all suspended players, and will bring them back to the depth charts after suspension, LeVeon Bell is chilling on the bench until I feel time for him to come back. I signed Dez to CLE but put him on the bench, if CLE is in playoff contention in my CFM, then I'll add Dez to the chart (if you don't sign him to someone he will disappear in FA), I did the same thing for some key FA keys (Hankins, Kendricks, Jordan Matthews, etc)
Best part is once you have it all set up save is as a master file, and then resave it under your franchise team name. So after your run with one team or you get bored, you can start all over again without having the set it all back up.
I want to do this in my CFM until there suspension is over... Im guessing you made it so they dont show up on depth charts?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:25 PM   #7
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I want to do this in my CFM until there suspension is over... Im guessing you made it so they dont show up on depth charts?
correct, just make them go from white to grey, double check the new positions as well (3DRB, PWRB, SLWR, etc)
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

Old 09-14-2018, 07:12 PM   #8
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

Has anybody noticed teams are cutting down to 53 BEFORE the fourth preaseason game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »