Home

How To Build A Custom Offensive Playbook And Gameplan

This is a discussion on How To Build A Custom Offensive Playbook And Gameplan within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2019, 11:21 AM   #25
Rookie

windycityape's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How To Build A Custom Offensive Playbook And Gameplan

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2019, 10:21 PM   #26
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

I have been using custom playbooks in my offline CFM , using the 2 controller method.

Something that I have noticed latley is that I never get rain/snow late in the season or even in the playoffs?

Is anyone else having this issue ? Is there a fix?

I am on xbox if that matters.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:03 PM   #27
Rookie

skundy's Arena

OVR: 1

I exclusively use a custom playbook. I've never had issues with formation jumbling. I pick a formation and all the variations/plays I want then move to the next. I think that is key. Finishing a formation before you move on to the next.

Writing down they formations/plays you want before hand can really help. Hope this helps.

Right now I'm using a custom offensive playbook that consists of Goalline, Singleback, Pistol, Wildcat, and Shotgun. No Iform variations except goalline which I hardly use. It has been so much fun. More of a spread/multiple TE/ multiple RB college style playbook with a good mix of motions, read options, screens, reverses. Allows me to get very creative.

-Know yourself-you win 50% of the time.
-Know your opponent-you win 50% of the time.
-Know yourself and your opponent- 100%Pwng
The Art of War- Sun Tzu

Last edited by skundy; 01-14-2019 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-20-2019, 05:02 AM   #28
Pro

Executor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by martz28

Something that I have noticed latley is that I never get rain/snow late in the season or even in the playoffs?

Is anyone else having this issue ? Is there a fix?

I am on xbox if that matters.

Thanks for any help.
Edge, this from martz is potentially a very troubling information. What is your experience with weather using custom playbooks? Thanks.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 01-20-2019, 09:00 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Edge, this from martz is potentially a very troubling information. What is your experience with weather using custom playbooks? Thanks.
Well, all I can say is based on my personal playing experience. I absolutely see random weather conditions while using my custom playbook. I recently played back to back snow games in Green Bay and Philly, followed by a rain game in Miami.

Overall, we are seeing weather becoming less of a factor over the past several years, with more dome stadiums now in place. However, I have not noticed custom playbooks affecting weather in outdoor stadiums.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #30
Pro

Executor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
Well, all I can say is based on my personal playing experience. I absolutely see random weather conditions while using my custom playbook. I recently played back to back snow games in Green Bay and Philly, followed by a rain game in Miami.

Overall, we are seeing weather becoming less of a factor over the past several years, with more dome stadiums now in place. However, I have not noticed custom playbooks affecting weather in outdoor stadiums.
Thanks a lot, Edge. Maybe I give it a try after all. But it would not have been possible without your initial write up. I'll tried it before and experienced messed up formations. It was awful. Hopefully GB playbook works for me just as the Saints' did for you.
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 01-20-2019, 06:54 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Thanks a lot, Edge. Maybe I give it a try after all. But it would not have been possible without your initial write up. I'll tried it before and experienced messed up formations. It was awful. Hopefully GB playbook works for me just as the Saints' did for you.
Best of luck to you. Be patient, take your time and do 1 step at a time and you will be fine. Think about balance and situations when selecting your plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2019, 10:16 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skundy
I exclusively use a custom playbook. I've never had issues with formation jumbling. I pick a formation and all the variations/plays I want then move to the next. I think that is key. Finishing a formation before you move on to the next.

Writing down they formations/plays you want before hand can really help. Hope this helps.

Right now I'm using a custom offensive playbook that consists of Goalline, Singleback, Pistol, Wildcat, and Shotgun. No Iform variations except goalline which I hardly use. It has been so much fun. More of a spread/multiple TE/ multiple RB college style playbook with a good mix of motions, read options, screens, reverses. Allows me to get very creative.
Good advice right here. Exactly what I did with regards to putting playbook to paper in advance. Important to keep in mind that while we're creating a custom playbook, in essence we are truly editing an existing playbook that has already been formatted. I believe this to be the reason that many folks understandably run into formation jumbling and other problems. I focused on building from the formations already present in my selected book. From there, I brought additional formations and plays into my book without experiencing any glitches.

Hopefully in the future, Madden will overall this system so that we can write our books from scratch, arrange our formations and plays the way we want to and give us more play slots to build a gameplan from.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »