Home

CFM contract negotiations

This is a discussion on CFM contract negotiations within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
Pro

mathey270's Arena

OVR: 0
CFM contract negotiations

If I " withdraw offer" from a impending free agent in my CFM in week 3, will that player test the market and will I still have the ability to try and re sign them if I want?

I dont want to lock down a player if I can fill that position with a cheaper option via draft or free agency if that makes sense

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: CFM contract negotiations

Not sure I completely follow your question, but I’ll give this a shot.

If you don’t resign your player by week 17 then you’ll get one final shot after the SuperBowl, but before free agency or the draft. After that free agency begins and you can bid on your former player in free agency. Sometimes you will be able to resign the player for less than they wanted during the season. Obviously, if you don’t resign your player by this point, they may end up on another team. But you’ll still have the draft to find a replacement.

If you mean that by withdrawing an offer will a player automatically decide to try the free agent market - I’ve never done that so I’m not certain, but I don’t think that is the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2018, 05:50 PM   #3
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne

If you don’t resign your player by week 17 then you’ll get one final shot after the SuperBowl, but before free agency or the draft. After that free agency begins and you can bid on your former player in free agency. Sometimes you will be able to resign the player for less than they wanted during the season. Obviously, if you don’t resign your player by this point, they may end up on another team. But you’ll still have the draft to find a replacement.

If you mean that by withdrawing an offer will a player automatically decide to try the free agent market - I’ve never done that so I’m not certain, but I don’t think that is the case.

Correct I was referring to the " withdraw offer " option and what happens if I choose that option if that makes sense

Old 09-16-2018, 05:56 PM   #4
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne

For example im in week 3 of my CFM with Ravens, Michael pierce is up for contract negotiations, he wants 4 years and 40Mil, I'm not planning to give him that, so I want him to test the market and maybe try to resign him for less then that 4 year 40mil deal he wants. If he signs with another team o well.
So whats the Best way to go about this scenario? Just not do anything during the season and he will enter the market in the offseason or hit the " withdraw offer" option in contract negotiations

Old 09-16-2018, 06:05 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathey270
Correct I was referring to the " withdraw offer " option and what happens if I choose that option if that makes sense

In game it says that if you withdraw the offer then the player won't resign with you in the off-season, so if you know for sure that you don't want a player to return you can go ahead and withdraw the offer. If you think that you may want to try and get him back on a cheaper deal then you can just not make him an offer at all and then he will go into free agency and you can still try and get him back.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM   #6
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
In game it says that if you withdraw the offer then the player won't resign with you in the off-season, so if you know for sure that you don't want a player to return you can go ahead and withdraw the offer. If you think that you may want to try and get him back on a cheaper deal then you can just not make him an offer at all and then he will go into free agency and you can still try and get him back.
Got it thanks for the info!

Old 09-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #7
Rookie

martz28's Arena

OVR: 3

If you cannot get a contract done after the season you will be able to franchise tag 1 player ( but you only want to do this on highly rated players) and the entire franchise amount counts against the salary cap
Old 09-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 1

Don't offer him anything, no point withdrawing something you don't want him to have. Never start negotiations with them. Haven't seen it yet in M19, in M18 even though a CFM was in total manual control the CPU would tag a player i didn't want to, really annoying.

Last edited by Ueauvan; 09-17-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »