Home

Lack of penalties in SIM

This is a discussion on Lack of penalties in SIM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Lack of penalties in SIM

I was just curious of everyone's experience with penalties playing "SIM" game mode. Have you seen any face mask, defensive holding, pass interference, intentional grounding, etc? Regardless of the slider setting.

I don't see the point of a simulation mode if they can't even get penalties right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 11:19 AM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Lack of penalties in SIM

Penalties have never been right based on my recollection.

I can get a FM penalty if you put the slider on 53 and above called a lot during the game.

DPI is called once in a blue moon, offensive holding is called and defensive holding was taken out.

It's one of the frustrating area's of Madden that is brought up quite a bit throughout the year.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Getting a realistic amount of penalties in my cfm games is one of my top priorities when tweaking my sliders. My sliders produce approximately 9-20 total penalties accepted in a game (15 min qtrs with 14 sec acc clock). The highest percentage of penalties are holding, offsides, and false start. I also see face mask, defensive pass interference, roughing the passer, and I have even had a few unnecessary roughness calls.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Illegal block in the back has been removed. I have it set at 99 & yet to see one called yet. Im 99% confident this has been removed this yr. Its quite sad that due to competitive play we cant have a realistic NFL penalty experience since EA cant have different modes, even though they claim they can. Dont tell me, show me. The whole different modes is smoke & mirrors.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 09-19-2018 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Penalties in this game are confusing because they matter a lot to your sliders. For example if you put the holding slider up then it will mess with your pass/run blocking sliders, so it can be annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 07:28 PM   #6
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Lack of penalties in SIM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Illegal block in the back has been removed. I have it set at 99 & yet to see one called yet. Im 99% confident this has been removed this yr. Its quite sad that due to competitive play we cant have a realistic NFL penalty experience since EA cant have different modes, even though they claim they can. Dont tell me, show me. The whole different modes is smoke & mirrors.

Agree 1000%

Block in the back is gone, defensive holding was taken out after 16. Hell all the penalties have been nerfed since 16.

Crying shame and highly aggravating. We pounded sand for them and they finally came through on 16. E-Sports crowd cries about that and the great progressive fatigue we had on 16 and boom.

Gone.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

For all that mocapping they do, you would think they would mocap WR/DB push offs and jersey grabbing. But nope, sad, very sad really. False start and offside is all I see. Honestly in all the sports games I play, across the board you rarely see penalties anymore. There isn't a lot penalties in NBA 2K19, Live 19, NHL 18 or FIFA 18.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:47 PM   #8
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I had a CPU player hit me out of bounds last night and they called an unnecessary roughness penalty. I was utterly amazed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »