Home

Highest Selling Madden since 2013

This is a discussion on Highest Selling Madden since 2013 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Highest Selling Madden since 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

They really help keep the game going as far as the person wants to go.

Also, I am not sure if people go into purchasing Madden or any other sports game, thinking, man, I need to keep this game for a whole year before trading it in or giving up on it.

Edit- If people's standards to the gaming industry are too low(doesn't matter which game), then, the reverse is also true that expectations/standards are too high for some people. The fact that Madden improves incrementally on a yearly basis for several years should be a sure fire tell tale sign.
sadly if I buy a yearly game I do expect to keep playing basically till the new one drops.. this just isn't the case for most of this community... if you buy the game not expecting to get the mileage you want from it well that's fine and to each there own.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:07 PM   #74
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeteegardner
sadly if I buy a yearly game I do expect to keep playing basically till the new one drops.. this just isn't the case for most of this community... if you buy the game not expecting to get the mileage you want from it well that's fine and to each there own.
I think you missed my point, though.

I keep it on a yearly basis and play until the next one comes out.

Some people want a better trade-in value before the SB and trade the game at that time and got their mileage out of the game. I don't think you need a whole year to get your personal mileage out of the the game. Some people are inpatient and trade the game in earlier vs waiting for the title updates.

And I agree, to each their own.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #75
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
So many people here that serve as additional roadblocks to the problem. So many who are simply 'happy' with what we have, instead of thinking of what we SHOULD have after 30 years of Madden. People comparing Madden, a triple A title, to indie football games and calling that legitimate competition, instead of advocating for legitimate triple A competition between EA and 2k (or another dev) like there used to be; which, not coincidentally, was the greatest period for football games. It's such a shame. We deserve better as a community but people like this make it a lot harder to get what we actually want in a football game when these people literally just defend EA (in terms of their handling of Madden) at every turn. Every excuse, every justification, everything.
I've never understood people who defend big business. It doesn't serve to help ANYONE except for the business (EA) itself. It makes no sense.
I've never thought the devs themselves don't want to make a good football game, I'm sure they do. They're hardworking people. I know that.
But that doesn't mean they haven't greatly underachieved.
And we, as a community, need to be able to acknowledge that.
Instead of just saying "Oh, well, I enjoy the game personally, so if you don't it doesn't matter, EA did fine!"
applause, bows, and cheers to you my friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 08:52 PM   #76
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
So many people here that serve as additional roadblocks to the problem. [...] Instead of just saying "Oh, well, I enjoy the game personally, so if you don't it doesn't matter, EA did fine!"
I'm honestly flattered you think that someone like myself - someone who is in no way employed or contracted with EA Tiburon but just happens to enjoy one of their games - has such an influential voice in that game's development that he or she is an active impediment to your opinion of the game's quality.

Seriously though, I'm just $60 of gross revenue on EA's quarterly earnings report, just the same as you. The idea that people like me who enjoy the game are somehow "the problem" with the game - allowing for a moment that there is a problem to start with, which I do not agree that is the case - is flatly ridiculous.

Quote:
We deserve better as a community but people like this make it a lot harder to get what we actually want in a football game when these people literally just defend EA (in terms of their handling of Madden) at every turn. Every excuse, every justification, everything. I've never understood people who defend big business. It doesn't serve to help ANYONE except for the business (EA) itself. It makes no sense.
Y'know, this idea that because someone who enjoys the game and dares to challenge weak, lazy, tired, and often-parroted criticisms of that game and its development team is "defending" that game and dev team or is otherwise a corporate shill is honestly getting really damn old.

Frankly, this forum deserves better than that openly divisive level of discourse. People who enjoy the game aren't the sworn enemy of that game's progress, as is self-evident by the obvious improvement of said game over time.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:04 PM   #77
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm honestly flattered you think that someone like myself - someone who is in no way employed or contracted with EA Tiburon but just happens to enjoy one of their games - has such an influential voice in that game's development that he or she is an active impediment to your opinion of the game's quality.
We do have a voice. A collective voice. Of course we do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Y'know, this idea that because someone who enjoys the game and dares to challenge weak, lazy, tired, and often-parroted criticisms of that game and its development team is "defending" that game and dev team or is otherwise a corporate shill is honestly getting really damn old.

Frankly, this forum deserves better than that openly divisive level of discourse. People who enjoy the game aren't the sworn enemy of that game's progress, as is self-evident by the obvious improvement of said game over time.
Never be afraid of discourse and debate; it's how we get to improvement.
I enjoy the game for what it is, only a little, but still.
But that doesn't mean I'm happy with what it is, and I think we deserve better as a community. I think we deserve more for our 60 dollars. I don't think that's crazy to say.
It's just something to think on, that's all.

Last edited by sinthros; 09-26-2018 at 09:10 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:44 PM   #78
Rookie

Madden the past 5+ years literally doesn’t have things that we had in LAST GEN consoles. Who asked for XP for player development? Who asked for the weather to always be sunny. Nobody remembers how it used to be dynamic or real world weather? Who asked for whoever gets the ball first to be a setting and not an actual coin flip? I’m in awe at who’s actually defending this game. I’m not asking for them to be more innovative lol I’m literally asking for something I had on PlayStation 2/Xbox 360 that for some reason is no longer in the game but yet cost 60 dollars. Games used to be 49.99. How do you defend this product???
Old 09-26-2018, 09:55 PM   #79
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
Madden the past 5+ years literally doesn’t have things that we had in LAST GEN consoles. Who asked for XP for player development? Who asked for the weather to always be sunny. Nobody remembers how it used to be dynamic or real world weather? Who asked for whoever gets the ball first to be a setting and not an actual coin flip? I’m in awe at who’s actually defending this game. I’m not asking for them to be more innovative lol I’m literally asking for something I had on PlayStation 2/Xbox 360 that for some reason is no longer in the game but yet cost 60 dollars. Games used to be 49.99. How do you defend this product???
Agree, the nostalgia days were good and fun, but the developers have explained that they can't bring the technology from those days into today's game. A former junior developer stated that tech from those days were a jumbled mess.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:26 PM   #80
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
We do have a voice. A collective voice. Of course we do.

Never be afraid of discourse and debate; it's how we get to improvement.
I enjoy the game for what it is, only a little, but still.
But that doesn't mean I'm happy with what it is, and I think we deserve better as a community. I think we deserve more for our 60 dollars. I don't think that's crazy to say.
It's just something to think on, that's all.
You can take this for what it's worth, but I've been here since EA gained exclusive rights.

People have tried to stomp their feet, shout from the highest mountain tops, but invariably, as we are here today, Madden will make the game they want and how they want. Yeah, they will look at T4Verts polls and decide what they can fit into the game from the polls.

The developers used to come to OS on a more regular basis in the past, but since Twitter arrived, the odds on getting your point across are going to increase on Twitter if they answer you. I don't think a developer has made a post here since Rex left.

We know they see all the tweets.

I have my issues with the game and I let them know through Twitter and the beta I participated in. Just giving these suggestions for more options to get your voices heard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »